It is registered
Ministry of Justice of Ukraine
December 30, 1998
of December 14, 1998 No. 497
About approval of the Regulations on procedure for preparation and provision of information on load for its safe maritime transport
For the purpose of implementation in Ukraine of requirements of the International convention concerning protection of the human life in the sea of 1974 changed by the following Protocols to it (SOLAS-74), and the International convention concerning pollution prevention from courts of 1973 changed by the Protocol of 1978 to it (MARPOL 73/78), concerning information on load, the carriages of goods by sea aimed at safety control, PRIKAZYVAYU:
1. Approve Regulations on procedure for preparation and provision of information on load for its safe maritime transport (further the Provision) that is applied.
2. To headquarters of scientific and technical policy and safety of transport (Petrashevsky O. L.) in 5-day time to provide provision of the Provision on state registration in the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine.
3. To State department of sea and river transport of Ukraine (Tchaikovsky L. P.) bring the Provision to permission of the companies, organizations and organizations of sea and river transport and to provide in accordance with the established procedure the message of International Maritime Organization on entry into force in Ukraine of this Provision.
4. To impose control of execution of this order on the deputy minister, the chairman of Ukrmorrechflot Sevryukov V. V.
I. P. Dankevich
Approved by the Order of the Ministry of transport of Ukraine of December 14, 1998 No. 497
1.1. The regulations on procedure for preparation and provision of information on load for its safe maritime transport (further - the Provision) establish procedure for preparation and provision of information on load which safety of maritime transport shall be ensured by participants of transport process when implementing preparation of load for transportation, cargo and warehouse operations, carriage of goods by sea and river transport.
1.2. The provision extends to maritime transport of such loads.
1.2.1. General and bulked cargoes that owing to their special harm for courts and people who stay onboard need extra care in courts to which in Ukraine requirements of Chapter of "the VI International convention on protection of human life at the sea" 1974, by the changed Protocols 1978 and 1988 of years to it (further - SOLAS-74) are applied.
1.2.2. Dangerous goods which is classified according to the rule 2 of Chapter VII SOLAS-74 and are transported in packed form or in bulk in courts to which requirements of Chapter of VII SOLAS-74, and also on cargo ships with a gross tonnage less than 500 reg.t are applied.
1.2.3. Hazardous substances which are identified as sea pollutants in "International maritime dangerous goods code" and are transported by the sea in packed form in courts to which requirements of Chapter VII SOLAS-74 and appendix III are applied to "The international convention on pollution prevention from courts" 1973, by the changed Protocol of 1978 to it.
1.2.4. Dangerous chemical goods which transports in courts to which requirements of "The international code of construction and the equipment of the vessels transporting dangerous chemical goods filling the requirement of appendix II to the International convention for pollution prevention from vessels of 1973 changed by the Protocol of 1978 to it" are applied.
1.2.5. Liquefied gases which transport in courts to which requirements of "The international code of construction and the equipment of the vessels transporting liquefied gases in bulk" are applied.
The provision does not extend on:
- requirements to documents concerning load which transportation is regulated by the boundary, customs, sanitary, ecological and existing in Ukraine other administrative rules;
- inward and transit cargoes which unload in the ports of Ukraine on which information according to rules of international treaties of Ukraine concerning trade navigation is provided;
- carriage of goods by sea by vessels of the fleet of fish industry of Ukraine.
In this Provision such regulations and documents are used:
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.