of April 3, 2008
About assistance to the victims of human trafficking
This Law, proceeding from need of priority ensuring protection of the rights, freedoms and legitimate interests of the victims of human trafficking, especially women and children, according to the constitution of the state and the conventional principles and rules of international law, in view of the Agreement on cooperation of the State Parties of the Commonwealth of Independent States in fight against human trafficking, bodies and tissues of the person (2005) and the Agreement on cooperation of the State Parties of the Commonwealth of Independent States in questions of return of minors to the states of their permanent residence (2002), establishes legal and organizational basis of state policy and international cooperation of the State Party of the Commonwealth of Independent States (further - the state) in the sphere of assistance to the victims of human trafficking, and also legislative guarantees of implementation of the specified activities in the state on the basis of unification and harmonization of legislations of the State Parties of the CIS.
This Law governs the public relations in the sphere of assistance to the victims of human trafficking, including activities in the specified sphere of the state, state bodies, local government bodies, public and local government offices and their officials, and also the international non-state organizations, public associations, other institutes of civil society, mass media and citizens.
1. This Law is directed to creation and increase in efficiency of nation-wide system of assistance to the victims of human trafficking by means of determination of legal and organizational basis of state policy and international cooperation of the state in the specified sphere, establishments of legal status of the victims of human trafficking, legal guarantees, the principles and forms of their protection and support, legislative regulation of powers of subjects of the state system of assistance to the victims of human trafficking, determination of organization-legal bases of their interaction among themselves, and also with non-governmental organizations and institutes of civil society.
2. Task of this Law is creation of complex of organization-legal bases:
- for the prevention of involvement of the person as the victim to the sphere of human trafficking, decrease at the population of risk to become the victims of human trafficking;
- identification and elimination of the reasons and conditions promoting victimization of citizens, their involvement in the sphere of human trafficking as the objects of operation;
- identifications and identifications of the victims of human trafficking;
- safety of the victims of human trafficking;
- providing the victims of human trafficking with the minimum standard packet of social services, including measures of rendering psychological, legal, social, medical and other types of the help;
- recoveries and protection of the rights and legitimate interests of the victims of human trafficking, with allocation of their most vulnerable categories;
- complete social adaptation and social resettlement of the victims of human trafficking, their integration into normal social environment;
- full recovery to the victims of human trafficking of the physical, moral and material harm caused to them;
- coordination of activities of public authorities and local government bodies, international and non-governmental organizations, other institutes of civil society, the population on assistance to the victims of human trafficking, including on their return to States of origin or permanent residence, protection of their rights and legitimate interests and social resettlement;
- acceptances of the complex measures of social and economic, legal, educational and educational, information and other nature by the state for assistance to the victims of human trafficking including directed to liquidation of the reasons and conditions promoting their victimization and reviktimization.
For the purposes of this Law the following basic concepts are applied:
victimization - increase in risk of involvement of the potential victim to the sphere of human trafficking and use of the victim as the object of operation owing to confluence or intended creation of the objective and subjective circumstances promoting it;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.