of December 31, 2008 No. 282
About religious liberty and the religious organizations in the Kyrgyz Republic
Accepted by Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic on November 6, 2008
1. This Law is aimed at providing the human right on religious liberty determined by the Constitution of the Kyrgyz Republic and international treaties ratified by the Kyrgyz Republic and also regulation of the relations on implementation of religious activities, establishment of legal status of the religious organizations, the missions of the foreign religious organizations in the Kyrgyz Republic.
2. This Law determines the rights and obligations of local government bodies which by creation of public committees on religion carry out in the territory together with state body for religions state policy in the field of religion for ensuring protection of public order, spiritual safety, territorial integrity and the constitutional system from religious extremism.
2. For the purpose of stabilization of religious situation, prevention of religious extremist conflicts, ensuring the state (national) security establishment of additional regulations on religious training is allowed.
For the purposes of this Law the following main terms and concepts are used:
church service - set of the cult ceremonies and actions made by priests on ritual and requirements of dogma;
religion - the dogma belonging to any religion with traditional cult practice;
religious cult - one of obligatory elements of any religion which is expressed in special ceremonies, actions of priests and believers;
cult property - objects, other material objects (buildings, mechetny and church utensils, etc.), necessary for making of religious practices, rituals and ceremonies;
mission - the religious organization or representatives of the religious organization of foreign countries who arrived to the country for the purpose of distribution of the religion;
missionary activities - the activities directed to distribution of the religion;
the pilgrimage - visit by believers is religious the significant holy sites;
proselytism - the aspiration to turn followers of other dogmas into the religion;
religion - outlook and attitude, and also the behavior and specific actions (cult) based on belief in supernatural corresponding to them;
religious activities - the activities directed to satisfaction of religious needs of believers, distribution of religions, religious education, holding church services, church meetings, reading sermons, training of spiritual specialists, priests, missionary work and also other activities aimed at organizational and material providing of cult practice of the religious organization (the edition and distribution of religious literature, production and distribution of cult objects, production of vestments for spiritual workers and priests and other activities);
religious practices - set of the actions established by dogma in which religious representations are realized;
religious rituals and ceremonies - the procedure for making of ceremonial actions established by dogma;
religious liberty - human right to choose, have, change, express and to extend religious beliefs, to be effective according to them, to participate in departure of religious cults, rituals, the ceremonies which are not forbidden by the law;
the priest - person authorized by the relevant religious organization (consolidation) on dukhovnichesky, imamsky, vicarial, preaching ministry;
sect - the religious trend (community) separated some faith of the main dogma and not consistent with it, showing emotional neglect and contradiction to interests of society;
religious symbol - the sign, attribute or material sign specifying belonging to certain religion.
1. In the Kyrgyz Republic the right to liberty of religion and atheistic belief is guaranteed to everyone.
2. Citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic are equal before the law in all areas of civil, political, economic, social and cultural life irrespective of their relation to religion and religious or atheistic beliefs. Instruction in official documents on the citizen's relation to religion is not allowed.
3. Any coercion in case of determination by the citizen of the relation to religion, to confession or not confession of religion, participation or nonparticipation in church services, religious practices and ceremonies, in training of religion is forbidden.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.