The agreement between the Government of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Republic of Latvia on procedure for navigation of warships of the Russian Federation in the waters which are under jurisdiction of the Republic of Latvia
of June 2, 1993
The government of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Republic of Latvia which further are referred to as with the Parties
considering that in really current situation it is necessary for warships of the Russian Federation temporarily, to their complete conclusion from the territory of the Republic of Latvia to use waters of the territorial sea, and also ports and port installations of the Republic of Latvia,
proceeding from recognition and the respect of the universally recognized norms of international law and requirements of the legislation of the Republic of Latvia relating to navigation agreed as follows:
For the purposes of this agreement the term "warship" is understood as the fighting ships, motor boats and auxiliary vessels of Navy and Border troops of the Russian Federation.
1. Navigation of warships of the Russian Federation in territorial and internal waters of the Republic of Latvia is performed according to the universally recognized norms of international law, the legislation of the Republic of Latvia and this agreement.
2. Calling of warships of the Russian Federation territorial and internal waters of the Republic of Latvia for the purpose of pass to its port is performed on the basis of allowing procedure. The inquiry for calling is sent to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Latvia not later than 30 days to the term of expected calling.
In request it is specified:
- name of the warship;
- name of port of call;
- calling duration with indication of date of arrival and departure:
- surname of the captain (ship master) with indication of its military rank (if is available);
- structure of crew with indication of number on categories (the officers, warrant officers, sailors, employees affiliated);
- last port of call.
In addition in request it is possible to specify whether the pilot, the tow, ladder-skhodnya, mooring team and other services for ensuring life activity of the warship and its crew is required.
1. Navigation of the warships of the Russian Federation which are based in the ports of the Republic of Latvia is performed on the basis of monthly plans which are constituted according to Article 4 of this agreement. The captain of port is notified by the operations duty officer of connection of the ships of Navy of the Russian Federation in 24 hours prior to accomplishment of these or those planned transitions with indication of data on routes and terms of swimming. Direct permission to exit from port (entrance to port) is requested in 4 hours prior to the planned time.
2. In case of navigation of warships of the Russian Federation in territorial and internal waters of the Republic of Latvia events of combat training (doctrine) are not held.
When swimming in economic zone of the Republic of Latvia the events of combat training which are not attracting violation of freedom of navigation, fishery and other economic activity can be held.
1. The monthly plans mentioned in Article 3 of this agreement include the following data:
- name or board number of the ship (vessel);
- class of ship;
- ship displacement;
- main razmereniye of the ship;
- approximate terms of entrance and exit.
2. In case the action planned for the warship of the Russian Federation aims at export of military property and military equipment of the Russian Federation from the ports of the Republic of Latvia, the monthly plan joins data on approximate quantity of the load (in tons) which is subject to export.
3. The authorized body of the Russian Side no later than the middle of the month preceding planned represents the monthly plan to Authorized body of the Latvian Side.
4. The procedure for descent of crew members on the coast, cargo transfer through border of the Republic of Latvia is regulated by free standing agreements of the Parties.
Authorized bodies of the Parties on implementation of this agreement are appointed: from the Russian Side - Command of Navy of the Russian Federation, from the Latvian Storonykomandovaniye of Sea Powers of the Republic of Latvia.
This agreement becomes effective in day of signing and remains in force before the termination of conclusion of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation from the territory of the Republic of Latvia.
It is made in the city of Moscow on June 2, 1993 in duplicate, everyone in the Russian and Latvian languages, and both texts are equally authoritative.
For the Government of the Russian Federation
For the Government of the Republic of Latvia
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.