The agreement between the Government of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Republic of Latvia on check points through customs border
of June 2, 1993
The government of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Republic of Latvia, hereinafter referred to as "Contracting parties", being guided by the aspiration to enhance cooperation in the field of transportations through customs border and to increase handling capacity of check points, and also for the purpose of creation of proper conditions for crossing of customs border by persons, vehicles, goods and other objects,
agreed as follows:
1. Contracting parties agreed to open on customs border between the Russian Federation and the Republic of Latvia the following items of the omission:
a) Skangali (Russia) - Karsava (Latvia)
b) Poxin (Russia) - to Zilupa (Latvia)
a) Ludonka (Russia) - Viyentuli (Latvia)
b) Ubylinka (Russia) - Grebnevo (Latvia)
c) Alisons (Russia) - Terekhovo (Latvia)
2. The air and sea traffic and exchange of the international mailings between the Russian Federation and the Republic of Latvia are performed through the airports and seaports opened as the international check points, places and Items of the international post exchange on the basis of the acting international and bilateral agreements, and also the domestic legislation of Contracting Parties.
3. The check points through customs border mentioned in Item 1 of this Article will be open for crossing of border by persons, vehicles, goods and other objects of the third countries.
4. The omission of persons, vehicles, goods and other objects through check points, including at the airports and seaports, is performed according to the existing customs legislation of each of Contracting Parties.
5. Crossing by persons of customs border through road check points is performed with use of vehicles or on foot.
6. Terms of opening of check points on customs border, and also all types of the message performed through these Items determine Contracting Parties by exchange of notes in process of completion of their arrangement and creation of necessary infrastructure.
1. Before opening of check points on customs border about which it is told in Item 1 of Article 1 of this agreement each of Contracting Parties prepares in the territory the corresponding infrastructure considering the prospect of growth of flows of the vehicles, goods and persons including crossing customs border in pedestrian procedure.
2. When designing, and also construction of facilities of road and railway check points in coordination of Contracting Parties also the possibility of creation of conditions for carrying out joint customs and other types of control by competent authorities of both states in the territory of one or other Contracting Party is provided.
3. Design assignments and construction projects of objects of each road and railway check point are subject to mutual coordination by competent authorities of each of Contracting Parties.
Competent authorities of Contracting Parties comprehensively interact concerning enhancement of the message through customs border, optimum use existing and opening of the new, conveniently located check points for the international message. In case of realization of these tasks provisions of Article 2 of this agreement are observed.
Opening or closing of check points through customs border perform Contracting Parties on the basis of the mutual arrangement.
1. Suspension or traffic restriction through customs border at certain check points can be introduced for the sanitary reasons, reasons of public safety or owing to natural disasters. The contracting party which intends to suspend or limit movement notifies on it other Contracting Party not later than 5 days before the planned suspension or restriction.
2. In immediate cases the notification about which it is told in Item 1 of this Article shall be performed no later than 24 hours before the planned movement suspension.
3. Through customs border in connection with the provided repair or reconstruction of objects of check points or communication constructions Contracting Parties inform each other not later than three months prior to repair or construction works on suspension or traffic restriction, reporting terms of their termination.
Border troops of the Russian Federation and the border service of the Republic of Latvia according to the mutual arrangement and in coordination with relevant organs of the states can, in reasonable cases in case of observance of relevant requirements and control, to resolve crossing of customs border:
1) through the check point for which such crossing of customs border is not provided;
2) out of the operating point of the omission.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.