Agreement between the Republic of Kazakhstan and Russian Federation on coordination of activities of rail transport
of March 23, 1992
Republic of Kazakhstan and Russian Federation, further Contracting Parties:
- proceeding from the Agreement on the principles and conditions of relations in the field of transport;
- confirming the inalienable right of property to rail transport within the national borders;
- considering expedient preserving technological unity of railway transportation network;
- recognizing exclusive importance of transportations of passengers, and also loads both on mutual deliveries, and to the third countries;
- attaching significance to coordination and joint activities of rail transport of both states;
- proceeding from the Agreement between the Russian Federation and the Republic of Kazakhstan on lifting of restrictions in economic activity
signed this agreement as follows:
Functional activities of rail transport of Contracting Parties are performed according to single standard rates on production and content of railway vehicles, technical means, on safety of movement and working conditions, the organization of transportation work and safety of loads, interaction of rail transport with users of its services and other modes of transport.
In the territory of Contracting Parties in transit of passengers and loads in the interstate message mutually agreed rates are effective.
Transportation of passengers and loads between stations of the railroads of both countries will be performed on the basis of the regulating documents acting at the time of the signature of this agreement.
Under the organization of transportation of goods from countries of Western Europe to the countries of the Middle, Far East and the Pacific Rim and in the opposite direction transit across the railroads of the Russian Federation and Republic of Kazakhstan the Parties will coordinate the actions in case of development of tariff policy for the purpose of attraction of additional cargo flows on these directions.
The Republic of Kazakhstan and the Russian Federation agreed to keep the participation in the contracts and agreements on international carriages of passengers and loads existing at the time of the signature of this agreement by rail.
Contracting parties agreed:
- keep the technological borders which developed for January 1, 1992 between the railroads, and also organizational structure and entry into structure of the railroads of one state of the sites located in the territory belonging to other state;
- consider, necessary for the purpose of increase in overall performance of the railroads, install system of the economic responsibility for violations of technological parameters of transportation work;
- observe mutually agreed obligations on acquisition, content and repair of the car park;
- keep the existing scheme of the address of passenger trains, the directions of traffic volumes and cargo flows, the plan of forming of cargo trains, shoulders of servicing of trains traction means and crews of train, to perform changes according to the mutual arrangement;
- grant the right to relevant organs of control of railway transport to hold negotiations on economic evaluation and accounting of mutual interests, and also on determination of procedure for preparation and approval of technological parameters of transportation work.
The state companies and the organizations, bodies of logistics of the Russian Federation and the Republic of Kazakhstan provide mutual delivery of the equipment, equipment, spare parts and material resources for needs of rail transport in amounts of interstate deliveries.
Contracting parties consider it expedient to coordinate social policy concerning labor collectives of rail transport, informing each other on the preparing decisions and agreed to keep the established earlier professional privileges in the territory of the states.
Contracting parties agreed to coordinate and pursue single scientific and technical policy on rail transport. The research and design organizations, the plants of transport mechanical engineering during creation of new railway equipment and equipment will consider, under the separate agreement and specifications, climatic and operational conditions of the republics Kazakhstan and Russia.
Contracting parties agreed that training of engineers, technicians, personnel of mass professions will be performed by single technique, education and practical guidances, and the qualification documents issued about the termination of educational institution will have equal legal force in the territory of both states.
The Republic of Kazakhstan and the Russian Federation agreed that the Ministry of Railways of the Russian Federation, the Ministry of transport of the Republic of Kazakhstan in necessary cases, with participation of other governing bodies, will be prepared and will sign working protocols on implementation of this agreement.
The Republic of Kazakhstan and the Russian Federation declare that this Agreement is open for signing by any independent state which railway system has technological communication with railway system of Contracting Parties or other state which joined this Agreement.
This agreement becomes effective from the date of its signing and will be effective before its denouncement by one of the parties which informs on it other party in 6 months prior to day of denouncement.
This agreement is constituted and is signed in Uralsk on March 23, 1992 in duplicate in Russian.
For the Republic of Kazakhstan
For the Russian Federation
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.