of December 16, 2008 No. 2-Z
About protection of atmospheric air
Accepted by the House of Representatives on November 21, 2008
Approved by Council of the Republic on November 28, 2008
This Law determines legal and organizational basis of protection of atmospheric air from emissions of pollutants and is directed to preserving, recovery of quality of atmospheric air, providing ecological safety.
1. Atmospheric air – the environment component representing the natural mix of gases of the atmosphere which is outside residential, production and other rooms.
2. Emission of pollutants in atmospheric air – intake of pollutants in atmospheric air from sources of emissions.
3. Gas-purifying installation – the construction and (or) the equipment intended for purification of the gases departing from source of release of pollutants by means of physical, chemical, biological and other methods of catching, neutralization, neutralization of pollutants.
4. Pollution of atmospheric air – receipt in atmospheric air, stay and (or) origin in it as a result of harmful effects on the environment of pollutants, properties, location or the number of whom is led to negative changes of quality of atmospheric air, including to exceeding of standard rates in the field of protection of atmospheric air.
5. Pollutants – chemicals or their mix, microorganisms (fungi, bacteria, viruses, disputes of mushrooms and other biological substances) which intake in atmospheric air makes harmful effects on the environment.
6. Impact zone – the territory which is affected by the pollutants arriving in atmospheric air from objects of impact on atmospheric air.
7. Sources of emissions – processing and other equipment, engineering procedures, machines, mechanisms from which emission of pollutants in atmospheric air is performed.
8. Sources of release of pollutants – processing and other equipment, machines, mechanisms in which there is education and from which there is release of pollutants, or engineering procedures when which implementing there are education and release of pollutants.
9. Quality of atmospheric air – the condition of atmospheric air which is characterized by chemical, biological, other indicators or their set.
10. Mobile sources of emissions – the vehicles and self-propelled machines equipped with engines which operation involves emissions of pollutants in atmospheric air.
11. The best available technical methods – the engineering procedures, methods, procedure for production organization of products and energy, performance of works (rendering services) providing reduction and (or) prevention of emissions of pollutants in atmospheric air in comparison with applied and the qualities of atmospheric air which are the most effective for providing standard rates on condition of economic feasibility and technical capability of their application.
12. Adverse weather conditions – fog, calm, light breeze, temperature increase of air in atmosphere layer over source of emissions, the adverse direction of wind and other similar weather conditions promoting increase in pollution of atmospheric air.
13. Standard rates of permissible anthropogenous load on atmospheric air – the extreme values for concentration of pollutants in atmospheric air established for the specific territory for a certain period of time taking into account need of gradual improvement of quality of the environment, ensuring steady functioning of natural ecological systems and preserving biological diversity.
14. Standard rates of admissible emissions of pollutants in atmospheric air – the maximum sizes of intake of pollutants in atmospheric air in case of which observance standard rates of quality of atmospheric air are provided.
15. Standard rates of quality of atmospheric air – the size of admissible concentration of chemicals, their mix, microorganisms in atmospheric air in case of which observance there are neither direct, nor indirect harmful effects, including the remote effects, on the environment, health of the person.
16. Objects of impact on atmospheric air – the locations of source of emissions or concentration of sources of emissions (engineering constructions, including roads, factory buildings and other similar objects).
17. Objects of inclination of mobile sources of emissions – parking lots and storages of vehicles and self-propelled machines, the buildings and constructions intended for servicing of participants of traffic along the line (service stations, gas stations, sinks, etc.), freight and passenger terminals, stations, the airports, moorings and other similar objects.
18. Protection of atmospheric air – the activities of state bodies, public associations, other legal entities, citizens, including individual entrepreneurs directed to preserving and recovery of quality of atmospheric air by means of reduction and (or) prevention of pollution of atmospheric air.
19. Above-standard emission of pollutants in atmospheric air – emission of pollutants in the atmospheric air exceeding the standard rates in the field of protection of atmospheric air on one or more pollutant established according to this Law and other acts of the legislation on protection of atmospheric air, of sanitary and epidemiologic wellbeing of the population, including requirements of technical regulatory legal acts, obligatory for observance, or in the absence of such standard rates if their establishment is required according to this Law.
20. Stationary sources of emissions – sources of emissions which movement without disproportionate damage to their appointment is impossible.
21. The technological standard rate of emissions of pollutants in atmospheric air – admissible lot of emissions of pollutants established counting on unit of raw materials, production capacity, products, the made energy the performed work, amount of the rendered service.
22. Fuel – the substances or mix of substances intended for receipt of energy in case of their burning.
23. Cross-border pollution of atmospheric air – pollution of atmospheric air over the territory of one state from sources of the emissions which are in the territory of other state.
24. Background concentration of pollutant in atmospheric air – the concentration of pollutant in unit of volume of atmospheric air calculated according to observations of condition of atmospheric air of the specific territory and caused by influence of all sources of emissions in this territory including cross-border pollution of atmospheric air.
25. Ecological class of motorized vehicles – the classification code characterizing the motorized vehicle depending on quantitative and high-quality structure of emissions of pollutants in atmospheric air.
1. The legislation on protection of atmospheric air is based on the Constitution of the Republic of Belarus and consists of acts of the President of the Republic of Belarus, this Law, other acts of the legislation on protection of atmospheric air, including international treaties of the Republic of Belarus.
2. The relations connected with emissions of pollutants in atmospheric air from mobile sources of emissions when implementing transportations and using airspace of the Republic of Belarus, not settled by the legislation on protection of atmospheric air are regulated by the legislation on transport.
3. The relations connected with pollution of atmospheric air ozone-depleting substances, not settled by the legislation on protection of ozone layer are regulated by the legislation on protection of atmospheric air.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 40000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.