of December 25, 2008 No. 273-FZ
Accepted by the State Duma of the Russian Federation on December 19, 2008
Approved by Council of the Russian Federation on December 22, 2008
This Federal Law establishes the basic principles of anti-corruption, legal and organizational basis of the prevention of corruption and fight against it, minimization and (or) mitigations of consequences of corruption offenses.
For the purposes of this Federal Law the following basic concepts are used:
a) abuse of official position, bribery, taking of a bribe, abuse of authority, commercial bribery or other illegal use of the official capacity by physical person contrary to legitimate interests of society and state for the purpose of receipt of benefit in the form of money, values, other property or services of property nature, other property rights for or for the third parties or illegal provision of such benefit to the specified person other physical persons;
b) making of the acts specified in the subitem "an" of this Item from name or for the benefit of the legal entity;
2) anti-corruption - activities of federal bodies of the government, public authorities of subjects of the Russian Federation, local government bodies, institutes of civil society, the organizations and physical persons within their powers:
a) according to the prevention of corruption, including on identification and the subsequent elimination of the reasons of corruption (corruption prevention);
b) on identification, the prevention, suppression, disclosure and investigation of corruption offenses (fight against corruption);
c) on minimization and (or) mitigation of consequences of corruption offenses.
3) regulatory legal acts of the Russian Federation:
a) federal regulatory legal acts (Federal constitutional Laws, Federal Laws, regulatory legal acts of the President of the Russian Federation, regulatory legal acts of the Government of the Russian Federation, regulatory legal acts of federal executive bodies and other federal bodies);
b) laws and other regulatory legal acts of public authorities of subjects of the Russian Federation;
c) municipal legal acts;
4) functions of the public, municipal (administrative) administration by the organization - powers of the government or local government officer to make decisions, obligatory for execution, on personnel, organizational and technical, financial, material or other problems on this organization, including the decisions connected with issue of permissions (licenses) for implementation of certain type of activity and (or) separate actions by this organization or to prepare drafts of such decisions.
The legal basis of anti-corruption is constituted by the Constitution of the Russian Federation, the Federal constitutional Laws, the conventional principles and rules of international law and the international agreements of the Russian Federation, this Federal Law and other Federal Laws, regulatory legal acts of the President of the Russian Federation, and also regulatory legal acts of the Government of the Russian Federation, regulatory legal acts of other federal bodies of the government, regulatory legal acts of public authorities of subjects of the Russian Federation and municipal legal acts.
Anti-corruption in the Russian Federation is based on the following basic principles:
1) recognition, providing and protection of basic rights and freedoms of man and citizen;
3) publicity and openness of activities of state bodies and local government bodies;
4) inevitability of responsibility for making of corruption offenses;
5) complex use of political, organizational, information and propaganda, social and economic, legal, special and other measures;
6) priority application of measures for the prevention of corruption;
7) cooperation of the state with institutes of civil society, international organizations and physical persons.
1. The Russian Federation according to international treaties of the Russian Federation and (or) on the basis of the principle of reciprocity cooperates in the field of anti-corruption with foreign states, their law enforcement agencies and special services, and also with the international organizations for the purpose of:
1) establishments of persons, suspected (persons accused) in making of corruption crimes, their locations, and also the location of other persons involved in corruption crimes;
2) the identification of the property received as a result of making of corruption offenses or serving as means of their making;
3) provisions in proper cases of objects or samples of substances for carrying out researches or judicial examinations;
4) exchange of information concerning anti-corruption;
5) coordination of activities for prevention of corruption and fight against corruption.
2. The foreign citizens, persons without citizenship who are not living constantly in the Russian Federation, the foreign legal entities having civil legal capacity, created according to the legislation of foreign states, the international organizations, and also their branches and representations (the foreign organizations), accused (suspects) of making of corruption offenses outside the Russian Federation, are subject to responsibility in accordance with the legislation of the Russian Federation in the cases and procedure provided by international treaties of the Russian Federation and the Federal Laws.
2) establishes competence of federal executive bodies which management of activities it performs, in anti-corruption.
2. The Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation provides development and adoption of the Federal Laws concerning anti-corruption, and also controls activities of executive bodies within the powers.
3. The government of the Russian Federation distributes functions between federal executive bodies which management of activities it performs, on anti-corruption.
4. Federal bodies of the government, public authorities of subjects of the Russian Federation and local government bodies perform anti-corruption within the powers.
4.1. Law enforcement agencies, other state bodies, local government bodies and their officials shall inform divisions of personnel services of the relevant federal bodies of the government, public authorities of subjects of the Russian Federation and local government bodies on prevention of corruption and other offenses (officials of personnel services of the specified bodies responsible for work on prevention of corruption and other offenses) on the facts of non-compliance by the government or local government officer with restrictions and prohibitions, requirements about prevention or about settlement of conflicting interests which became to them known or non-executions of the obligations established for the purpose of anti-corruption.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 40000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.