The agreement between the Government of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Azerbaijan Republic on check points through frontier between the Russian Federation and the Azerbaijan Republic
of October 7, 1995
The government of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Azerbaijan Republic which are hereinafter referred to as with the Parties
being guided by the aspiration to enhance cooperation in the field of transportations through frontier and to increase handling capacity of check points, and also for the purpose of creation of proper conditions for crossing of frontier by persons, vehicles and goods,
proceeding from importance of preserving historically developed ethnic, family, cultural, humanitarian, economic and other relations between citizens of the Russian Federation and citizens of the Azerbaijan Republic,
agreed as follows:
1. For crossing of border between the Russian Federation and the Azerbaijan Republic the Parties open the following items of the omission:
a) for the international passenger and freight traffic
railway: Derbent (Russia) Yalam (Azerbaijan)
automobile: Yarag-Kazmalyar (Russia) Samur (Azerbaijan) Tagirkent-Kazmalyar (Russia) of "Hanoba" (Azerbaijan)
b) for the bilateral message with the simplified procedure for crossing of border
New Fil (Russia) Shirvanovka (Azerbaijan) of "Chakh-Chakh" (Russia) Zukhul (Azerbaijan) Garakh (Russia) Zukhul (Azerbaijan)
2. The message through the airports and seaports open for the international message, and exchange of the international mailings through places and Items of the international post exchange between the Russian Federation and the Azerbaijan Republic will be performed based on bilateral, and also international multilateral agreements which participants are the Parties.
3. The parties will provide the proper arrangement and infrastructure necessary for normal functioning of control services at the check points specified in this Article.
Boundary, customs and other types of control of persons, vehicles, goods and animals are performed at check points through border according to this agreement, the current legislation of the Russian Federation and the current legislation of the Azerbaijan Republic.
Crossing by persons of border at automobile check points can be performed with use of vehicles or on foot.
1. Opening new and closing of operating points of the omission on border, and also change of their status of the Party is performed on the basis of the mutual arrangement by exchange of notes.
2. Each of the Parties by preparation in the territory of the state of infrastructure of check points and their arrangement will consider perspective of growth of flows of persons including crossing border in pedestrian procedure, vehicles and goods.
3. Competent authorities of the Parties will consult in the course of preparation of design assignments and implementation of construction projects of objects of check points through border, and also concerning date of completion of construction of such objects.
1. Suspension or traffic restriction through border at certain check points can be introduced for the sanitary reasons, for reasons of public safety or owing to natural disasters.
The party which intends to suspend or limit movement notifies on it other Party through diplomatic channels not later than five days before suspension or restriction.
2. In case of force majeure or natural disasters the notification, stipulated in Item 1 this Article, shall be performed not later than 24 hours before movement suspension.
3. Through border in connection with the provided repair of objects of check points or communication constructions of the Party will inform each other not later than three months prior to such works on suspension or traffic restriction, reporting terms of their termination.
The operating mode of the check points specified in Article 1 of this agreement, and also the place of stage of the cattle is determined on the basis of the mutual arrangement between border troops and customs authorities of the Russian Federation on the one hand both border troops and customs authorities of the Azerbaijan Republic on the other hand.
The Federal Border Service of the Russian Federation and Border troops of the Ministry of homeland security of the Azerbaijan Republic of the mutual arrangement and in coordination with customs authorities of the states can in reasonable cases, adhering to the corresponding conditions of control, to resolve temporary crossing of border through check points for which such crossing of border, and also out of operating points of the omission is not provided.
By mutual consent of the Parties changes and additions can be made to this agreement.
This agreement becomes effective from the date of its signing and will affect within 5 years with automatic prolongation the subsequent five-year periods if any of the Parties does not notify in writing other Party in 6 months prior to the expiration of the next period on the desire to terminate the Agreement.
It is made in Baku on October 7, 1995 in duplicate, everyone in the Russian and Azerbaijani languages, and both texts are equally authoritative.
For the Government of the Russian Federation
For the Government of the Azerbaijan Republic
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.