The agreement between the Government of the Republic of Uzbekistan and the Government of the Republic Georgia on cooperation in fight against crime
of September 4, 1995
The government of the Republic of Uzbekistan and the Government of the Republic Georgia which further are referred to as with the Parties
expressing concern in scales and tendencies of development of crime, especially in its organized forms,
proceeding from the aspiration to provide reliable protection against infringement of life, the rights and freedoms, honor and advantage of the person, interests of society and state,
attaching importance to international cooperation in observance of the conventional human rights and freedoms,
considering provisions of documents of the United Nations and the Commonwealths of Independent States accepted in the field of crime prevention and implementation of criminal justice
proceeding from the principles of equality and mutually beneficial cooperation,
agreed as follows:
1. The parties through the central competent authorities will perform cooperation in fight against crime according to provisions of this agreement and in case of compliance with law and the international obligations of the states.
2. This agreement does not raise the questions of rendering legal assistance on criminal cases and issues.
3. For the purposes of this agreement the central competent authorities are:
for the Republic of Uzbekistan - the State Tax Committee, the Ministry of Internal Affairs, Prosecutor's office, Service of homeland security;
for the Republic Georgia - the Ministry of Justice, the Ministry of Internal Affairs, the Prosecutor General's Office, the Ministry of state security, Tax authorities, Customs department.
4. Each of the Parties notifies other Party on modification of the list of the central competent authorities.
5. The central competent authorities for the purpose of accomplishment of this agreement communicate with each other directly.
1. The parties will cooperate in the prevention, identification, suppression and disclosure of crimes, in particular the following acts:
- violent crimes against life, health, freedoms and advantages of the personality, and also against property;
- organization of illegal armed groups;
- acts of terrorism, organized crime and corruption;
- arms trafficking, ammunition, explosive and toxic agents, and also radioactive materials;
- kidnappings, prostitution operation;
- illegal production and drug trafficking and psychotropic substances, and also the substances used in the course of their production;
- ecological crimes;
- crimes in the field of economy, including illegal transactions with currency values, illegal international financial and export transactions, legalization of income gained from criminal activities, production and sale of counterfeit bank notes and financial records, securities and means of cashless payments;
- criminal infringement of cultural and historical values;
- crimes on transport;
- plunders of vehicles.
2. The parties will also perform interaction in the following directions:
- safety on transport and traffic;
- organization of execution of criminal penalties;
- passport and visa work, control of entrance, departure, transit and stay of foreign citizens and persons without citizenship;
- maintenance and protection of valuable and particular loads;
- ensuring fire safety;
- identification of unknown corpses, the identity of the patients and children who are not able to report about themselves.
3. The parties will also cooperate in the following areas:
- material logistics of activities of the competent authorities;
- preparation and advanced training of personnel;
- implementation of scientific research for the benefit of fight against crime, including on development of information systems, means of communication and the special equipment.
For the purpose of realization of provisions of Article 2 of this agreement the central competent authorities of the Parties will perform cooperation, in particular, in the following forms:
- exchange of information which is of interest on the preparing or committed crimes and physical persons and legal entities and the organizations, involved in them;
- execution of requests about conducting investigation and search operations;
- search of persons disappearing from criminal prosecution or serving sentence, and also missing persons;
- exchange of information about new types of the drugs and psychotropic substances which appeared in illicit trafficking, technologies of their production and the substances used at the same time, and also about new methods of research and identification of drugs and psychotropic substances;
- search and return in accordance with the established procedure the stolen objects having numbers or specific distinctive signs including motor transport and firearms, and also number securities and passports (identity certificates);
- work experience exchange, including holding training, consultations, seminars and training courses;
- exchange of legal and other regulatory legal acts, assistance in acquisition of educational and methodical literature;
- carrying out joint scientific research on the problems which are of mutual interest;
- exchange on mutually advantageous basis scientific and technical literature and information.
1. The cooperation within this agreement is performed based on requests about rendering assistance of competent authorities of the Parties.
2. The inquiry is sent for rendering assistance in writing. Requests can be transferred in immediate cases orally, however they shall be confirmed no later than seven days in writing.
In case of doubt in authenticity or content of request about rendering assistance its confirmation can be requested.
3. The request about rendering assistance shall contain:
a) the name of the competent authority requesting assistance and body to which the request is turned;
b) statement of merits of case;
c) specifying of the purpose and reasons for request;
d) content of required assistance.
4. In that measure in what it is necessary and it is possible, the request also shall contain:
a) names and surnames, nicknames, nationality of persons concerning case, dates and places of their birth, occupation, residences and stay;
b) names and the locations of the firms and organizations concerning case;
c) the description of act or event, and on criminal act delamkvalifikation according to the legislation of the state of the requesting Party and the text of the applied law;
d) the list of questions on which it is necessary to receive the answer;
e) the description of special procedure which needs to be followed in case of execution of request, and reasons for this need;
e) any other information which can be useful to simplification of execution of request.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.