Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and Government of the Republic of Armenia on creation of the joint commission on economic cooperation
of September 2, 1999
The government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Government of the Republic of Armenia which are hereinafter referred to as with the Parties
- being guided by basic provisions of the Agreement on bases of the relations between the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Republic of Armenia of January 19, 1993, - attaching priority significance to strengthening and expansion of bilateral economic cooperation on the basis of the principles of full equality, neighborliness, mutual advantage and international law,
- recognizing importance of establishing close and fruitful interaction between the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Republic of Armenia for forming of the favorable entrepreneurial and investment climate,
- wishing to promote entrepreneurial activity of business entities of two countries, irrespective of their forms of business, to establishment and long-term development of business contacts between them,
agreed as follows:
The parties establish the Intergovernmental Kazakhstan-Armenian commission on economic cooperation which is hereinafter referred to as with the Commission.
The main objectives of the Commission are:
- consideration and approval of the perspective directions and priority spheres of development of mutually beneficial cooperation of business entities of the states of the Parties, irrespective of their forms of business, in the field of trade, investments and other spheres of economic cooperation;
- preparation and approval of drafts of intergovernmental and interdepartmental agreements in the field of trade, investments and other spheres of economic cooperation, and also monitoring of their subsequent implementation and coordination of the activities of authorized bodies of the Parties connected with their accomplishment;
- holding other actions aimed at the development of the bilateral relations in the field of trade, investments and other spheres of economic cooperation including the organization of "round tables", conferences and exhibitions, and also exchange of information about measures for state regulation of trade and investment regime;
- consideration of the current questions arising during implementation of bilateral agreements and arrangements in the field of trade and economic cooperation and also studying and search of new forms of cooperation.
The parties after the signature of this agreement appoint in a month cochairmen, members and responsible secretaries of national parts of the Commission.
Commission sessions will be held on annual basis serially in Astana and Yerevan. Date, the agenda and regulations of meetings will be approved previously between cochairmen of the Commission.
Information support of meetings, preparation and mailing of materials, other document management of the Commission will be performed by responsible secretaries of the Commission.
The main form of work of the Commission will be the regular meetings held according to Article 2 of this agreement and also mutual consultations of its working groups on the directions of economic cooperation, including:
- working group on trade and economic cooperation;
- working group on small and medium entrepreneurship.
Mutual consultations of working group on trade and economic cooperation will be performed in the direction of exchange not of confidential information on processes of economic development and the regulating documents accepted by the Parties and also discussion of their influence on cooperation perspectives in the field of trade and investments, including on questions:
- conditions and tendencies of development of the main macroeconomic sizes, including indicators of real production sector, the budget, social and monetary sphere;
- conditions of foreign trade and paying balance, development of economic cooperation with foreign states and the international economic organizations;
- the regulatory legal base of trade and investment regime, including on the tax matters, tariff and non-tariff regulation of foreign trade, services, transit of loads and passengers, encouragement and protection of investments, procedure for certification of goods (services, works) and consideration of economic disputes.
Mutual consultations of working group on small and medium entrepreneurship will be performed in the direction of exchange not of confidential information and development of offers on questions:
- normative legal regulation of small and medium entrepreneurship, privatization and incorporating companies;
- actions and mechanisms of tax and credit incentives of small and medium entrepreneurship, development of the rent relations and financial leasing;
- holding seminars, exhibitions and other actions for preparation and advanced training of personnel of small and medium entrepreneurship, establishment and development of business contacts.
Reference and analytical materials of working groups of the Commission, and also possible recommendations and offers will be made to cochairmen of the Commission for consideration at its regular meetings.
This agreement becomes effective from the date of signing and acts on extent of five years. Action of this agreement is automatically prolonged for the subsequent five-year period if any of the Parties at least in six months prior to the termination of the duration of the agreement does not notify in writing other Party on the desire to stop its action.
It is made in Astana on September 2, 1999 in two authentic copies, everyone in the Kazakh, Armenian and Russian languages, and all texts are equally authoritative.
For the purposes of interpretation of provisions of this agreement the text in Russian is used.
For the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan
For the Government of the Republic of Armenia
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 40000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.