of September 26, 1997 No. 1069
About approval of the Procedure for maintaining the State ship register of Ukraine and the Ship book of Ukraine
According to article 26 of the Code of trade navigation of Ukraine the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine decides:
1. Approve the Procedure for maintaining the State ship register of Ukraine and the Ship book of Ukraine which is applied.
2. Control of observance of requirements of this Procedure to assign to the Ministry of infrastructure.
Prime Minister of Ukraine
Approved by the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of September 26, 1997, No. 1069
1. This Procedure establishes requirements to registration and accounting of merchant vessels in Ukraine.
2. Action of this Procedure does not extend on:
warships and vessels;
motor boats, boats and other floating crafts which belong to any vessel;
the small motor ships equipped with the mechanical engine (engines) with total maximum power up to 10 kW except the fishing boats which are not subject to supervision of classification society;
paddle driven ships up to 4 meters long which are not used for trade of water bioresources, carriage of goods and/or passengers for the purpose of implementation of business activity.
Registration of other small ships, sports courts, copies of historical courts, other courts which are not subject to obligatory registration is performed in the Ship book of Ukraine at the request of the owner of the vessel.
3. In this Procedure terms are used in the value provided by the Code of trade navigation of Ukraine, the International convention on pollution prevention from courts of 1973 changed by the Protocol of 1978 to it.
4. The common directorship and control of carrying out state registration of courts (except fishing) is exercised by the Ministry of Infrastructure.
The paragraph two is excluded.
The management and control of registration and accounting of fishing boats is performed by Gosrybagentstv.
ocean ships - captains of seaports;
river crafts and courts which are not subject to supervision of classification society, - Maritime administration;
The fishing boats which are not subject to supervision by classification society - Gosrybagentstvo.
Registration of merchant vessels is performed in seaports which list is determined by the Ministry of Infrastructure. Registration of fishing boats which are subject to supervision of classification society is performed in any sea fishing port.
6. Registration of the vessel in Ukraine consists in entering of information about him into the State ship register of Ukraine which is kept in form according to appendix 1, or the Ship book of Ukraine which is kept in form according to appendix 2, and receipt by this vessel of the certificate on the swimming right under National flag of Ukraine.
7. Responsibility for completeness and accuracy of registration data on the vessel, and also for effects which can arise because of failure to provide or submission of false information on the vessel is born by the owner of the vessel or person who uses the vessel on other legal causes (the shipowner, the freighter).
8. The vessel can be registered in the State ship register of Ukraine or the Ship book of Ukraine only by one body of state registration.
The body of state registration of the vessel can be changed at the request of the shipowner with observance of requirements of paragraph one of this Item.
From the moment of entering of records about permanent registration of the vessel into the State ship register of Ukraine or the Ship book of Ukraine all records made earlier concerning this vessel are not recognized ship registers of other states of Ukraine.
Also in Ukraine records about the vessel which is constantly registered in Ukraine are not recognized the ship register of other state if the vessel is not excluded from the State ship register of Ukraine or the Ship book of Ukraine, with observance of the requirements established by the Section IV of this Procedure.
9. For registration of the vessel in the State ship register of Ukraine or the Ship book of Ukraine and any further changes of the records made in them, and also for issue of ship's papers cope charges which procedure and the size is established by the Ministry of Infrastructure in coordination with Ministry of Economics.
10. Entries in the State ship register of Ukraine, the Ship book of Ukraine, ship's and registration papers are conducted by Ukrainian, and in certain cases, specified in these documents, English by languages.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.