of March 30, 1998 No. 391
About approval of the Regulations on the state monitoring system of the environment
The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine decides:
1. Approve Regulations on the state monitoring system of the environment it (is applied).
2. To the ministry of questions of emergency situations and in cases of protection of the population against effects of the Chernobyl catastrophic crash, to the Ministry of Health, the Ministry of agro-industrial complex, the State committee of forestry, the State committee on water economy, the Ministry of protection of the surrounding environment, the State committee on hydrometeorology, the State agency of land resources, the State committee on cases of construction, architecture and housing policies in coordination with the Ministry of protection of the surrounding environment and nuclear safety in three-months time to bring departmental regulations into accord with the Regulations on the state monitoring system of the environment approved by this resolution.
3. Declare invalid, the resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of September 23, 1993 No. 785 "About approval of the Regulations on the state monitoring of the surrounding environment" (the joint venture of Ukraine, 1994, No. 2, the Art. 38).
Prime Minister of Ukraine
Approved by the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of March 30, 1998 No. 391
1. The state monitoring system of the environment (further monitoring system) is system of observations, collecting, processing, transfer, preserving and information analysis about state of environment, forecasting of its changes and development of scientifically based recommendations for decision making of prevention of negative changes of state of environment and observance of requirements of ecological safety. This Provision determines procedure for creation and functioning of such system in Ukraine.
The monitoring system is component of the national information infrastructure compatible to similar systems of other countries.
1-1. Monitoring of the environment regarding the state monitoring of condition of surface, underground and sea water is performed according to the Procedure of the state monitoring of waters approved by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
1-2. Monitoring of the environment regarding the state monitoring in the field of protection of atmospheric air is performed according to the Procedure of the state monitoring in the field of protection of atmospheric air approved by the resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of August 14, 2019 No. 827.
2. The monitoring system is open information system which priorities of functioning is protection of the vital ecological interests of the person and society; preserving natural ecosystems; prevention of crisis changes of ecological state of environment and prevention of emergency ecological situations.
3. Creation and functioning of monitoring system for the purpose of integration of ecological information systems which cover certain territories is based on the principles:
coordinations of normative and legal and organizational and methodical providing, compatibility technical, information and software of its components;
systematicity of observations of state of environment and technogenic objects which influence it;
timeliness of obtaining, complexity of processing and use of information on state of environment (ecological information) which arrives and remains in monitoring system;
objectivity of primary, analytical and forecast information on state of environment (ecological information) and efficiency of its bringing to public authorities, local government bodies, public organizations, mass media, the populations of Ukraine interested the international institutions and the world community.
4. Monitoring of the environment is performed by Minagropolitiki, the Ministry of the environment, DAZV, Gosgeonedrami, the Ministry of Regional Development, GKA, and also GSChS, Goslesagentstvy, Gosvodagentstvy, Gosgeokadastry and their territorial authorities, the companies, organizations and the organizations relating to the sphere of their management, the regional, Kiev and Sevastopol city state administrations, and also executive body of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea concerning protection surrounding natural Wednesday.
5. Financing of works on creation and functioning of monitoring system and its components is performed according to procedure for financing of nature protection actions at the expense of the means provided in state and local budgets according to the legislation.
The covering of certain part of costs for creation and functioning of components and components of monitoring system can be performed at the expense of innovative funds within the means provided on nature protection actions, the international grants and other sources of financing.
6. The monitoring system directed on:
increase in level of studying and knowledge of ecological state of environment;
increase in efficiency and quality information servicing of users at all levels;
improvement of quality of reasons for nature protection actions and efficiency of their implementation;
assistance of development of international cooperation in industry of environmental protection, rational use of natural resources and ecological safety.
7. The main objectives of subjects of monitoring system is:
long-term systematic observations of state of environment;
analysis of ecological state of environment and forecasting of its changes;
information and analytical decision support in the field of protection surrounding circles, rational use of natural resources and ecological safety;
information servicing of public authorities, local government bodies, and also providing with information on state of environment (ecological information) of the population of the country and international organizations.
8. Monitoring of the environment is performed:
The ministry of the environment - soil in the nature protection territories (content of STARS, including radionuclides); the state ecological mapping of the territory of Ukraine for assessment of its condition and its changes as a result of economic activity; land ecosystems (background number of STARS, including radionuclides); the types of plant and animal life which are under the threat of disappearance, and the types which are under special protection;
The paragraph third is excluded;
GSChS (on Items of the state system of hydrometeorological observations) - contents of radionuclides in atmospheric air, cross-border transfer of pollutants; snow cover; soils of different function (content of residual amount of pesticides and heavy metals); radiation situation (determination of exposition dose of gamma radiation); floods, floods, avalanches, mudflows;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.