of July 30, 2002 No. ZR-402
About Customs Service
Accepted by National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia on July 3, 2002
This Law regulates features of Customs Service of the Republic of Armenia as separate type of public service.
1. The legislation on Customs Service of the Republic of Armenia consists of this Law, the Law "About Civil Service", the Law "About Public Service", legal acts governing the customs relations and other legal acts regulating questions of Customs Service.
2. The questions concerning employment relationships of customs employees which are not adjusted by this Law are regulated by the laws "About Civil Service" and "About Public Service".
3. If these relations are not governed by the legal acts established by part 2 of this Article, they are regulated by the labor law of the Republic of Armenia.
1. The Customs Service of the Republic of Armenia is single centralized system of customs authorities of the Republic of Armenia.
2. No. ZR-169 voided according to the Law of the Republic of Armenia of 27.06.2022
Tasks of Customs Service are implementation of customs policy of the Republic of Armenia, the effective organization of customs affairs and activities of customs authorities, and also ensuring implementation by customs employees of the Republic of Armenia of the rights and obligations.
1. Operation of this Law extends to the positions of Customs Service provided by the nomenclature of positions of Customs Service.
2. The Customs Service is based on the principle of hierarchical taxonomy.
3. Customs employees when implementing the powers are guided by the legislation of the Republic of Armenia, act openly, providing fulfillment of requirements of the legislation of the Republic of Armenia on observance of the state, trade and other secret protected by the law.
4. The Customs Service is organized by the principle of rotation. Customs employees of divisions of customs authorities or customs authority are transferred from one body of Customs Service to another or from one division of Customs Service in other division according to the procedure, established by the Government of the Republic of Armenia.
1. Positions of Customs Service are classified by groups, proceeding from requirements imposed from the point of view of labor organization and responsibility for management of persons holding these positions, powers on decision making, influence of activities, contacts and representations, difficulties of tasks and their decision, and also professional knowledge and ownership of competences.
2. Positions of Customs Service are classified by the following groups:
1) the highest positions of Customs Service;
2) main positions of Customs Service;
3) leading positions of Customs Service;
4) younger positions of Customs Service.
3. Classification of positions in groups of positions of Customs Service is performed according to the nomenclature of positions of Customs Service. The nomenclature affirms and changes the head of customs authority and is kept according to the procedure, established by the Law "About Civil Service".
4. Positions of the head of customs authority and its deputies are the state managerial positions which are not included into the nomenclature of positions of Customs Service.
5. Persons holding the positions provided by the nomenclature of positions of Customs Service are considered as customs employees.
6. The rights, the obligations and social guarantees provided for the customs employee by this Law extend to the head of customs authority and its deputies, and other regulations established by this Law extend to heads of customs authority and its deputies only in the cases directly provided by this Law.
1. The citizens of the Republic of Armenia of 18 years meeting requirements of the passport of this position, knowing Armenian with the higher education which have the right to hold position in Customs Service:
1) successfully ended course of training of the customs employee, provided by this Chapter, received the certificate from training center of customs authority and were included in the candidate list in customs employees or
2) are customs employees and underwent the necessary retraining provided by this Chapter.
2. The passport of position (the description of workplace) of Customs Service is the document describing functions, the rights and obligations of the customs employee following from the legal acts and tasks establishing competence of Customs Service, contacts and accountability and providing the professional knowledge and competences necessary for effective implementation of these functions, providing arrangement in management system and approved by the head of committee in the procedure established by this Law.
3. In case of emergence vacant the highest, main, leading and younger positions of Customs Service these positions are engaged from among persons entering the candidate list in customs employees, or the customs employees who underwent retraining, by interview, except as specified, provided by this Law.
4. Positions of division of the customs authority performing operational search activities are replenished based on results of the competition held according to the procedure and on the conditions established by the head of customs authority. The competition held for the purpose of replenishment of positions of the division performing operational search activities surely includes also the component concerning respectability.
1. For the purpose of training of the customs employee the training center of Customs Service will organize and carries out acceptance for participation it is aware of training of the customs employee (further - acceptance).
2. The procedure for acceptance is approved by the head of customs authority. The procedure for acceptance governs also the relations connected with publication of the announcement of acceptance, frequency of carrying out acceptance, establishment of reception places, filing of applications about acceptance and the enclosed documents, conducting testing and interview, submission of questionnaires about respectability, summing up acceptance.
3. The citizen who is not satisfying stipulated in Article 8 (the age qualification, the higher education and ownership of Armenian) and article 49 of this Law to requirements cannot participate in acceptance, or there is one of the bases, the stipulated in Article 14 Laws "About Public Service".
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.