of September 14, 2007
About the overview of trade policy of the Russian Federation
The economic council of the Commonwealth of Independent States solved:
1. Take into consideration the Overview of trade policy of the Russian Federation provided by Executive committee of the CIS and considered by the Commission on economic problems.
2. Send the provided Overview to the governments of the State Parties of the CIS for informing the interested ministries and departments.
3. Charge to Executive committee of the CIS to place in a month the specified Overview on the website of Executive committee of the CIS on the Internet.
Commonwealths of Independent States N. Azarov
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE OF COMMONWEALTH OF INDEPENDENT STATES
The overview of trade policy of the Russian Federation is constituted according to the Procedure for carrying out reviews of trade policy of the State Parties of the CIS approved by the Decision of Economic council of the Commonwealth of Independent States of March 15, 2002.
The overview is prepared by Executive committee of the CIS based on the national report provided by the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of the Russian Federation.
The purpose of reviews of trade policy is achievement by the State Parties of the CIS of transparency of trade policy, assistance to observance of the rules, regulations and obligations fixed in international treaties and documents concerning forming and effective functioning of the free trade area and also regular carrying out objective assessment of the main indicators of trade policy and practice of the State Parties of the CIS, their influence on development of mutual trade.
Trade policy of the Russian Federation is based on the basis of the Constitution of the Russian Federation, the Federal Laws and other regulatory legal acts of the Russian Federation, respect for the conventional principles and rules of international law, and also the obligations following from international treaties of the Russian Federation.
The main directions of trade policy of the Russian Federation are determined by the President of the Russian Federation.
The government of the Russian Federation provides carrying out single trade policy and performs measures for its realization.
Development of the offers concerning trade policy of the Russian Federation is performed by the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of the Russian Federation.
PURPOSES OF TRADE POLICY
Trade policy of the Russian Federation is component of economic policy of the Russian Federation. The purpose of trade policy is creating favorable conditions for the Russian exporters, importers, producers and consumers of goods and services.
Treat instruments of trade policy:
- regulation of foreign trade in methods of customs and tariff and not tariff regulation, prohibitions and restrictions of foreign trade in services and intellectual property, by means of the measures of economic and administrative nature promoting development of foreign trade activity and stipulated by the legislation the Russian Federation;
- trade negotiations in two - and multilateral formats for achievement of intergovernmental arrangements on creating favorable conditions of the international trade and economic cooperation with foreign countries;
- participation of the Russian Federation in activities of the international trade and economic organizations as at the global, and regional levels for ensuring integration of economy of Russia into the world economy;
- interaction with business community for the purpose of ensuring trade and economic interests of the Russian Federation abroad, expansions of export of the Russian goods and services, supports of national producers and protection of the domestic market.
Realization of the main objectives of trade policy provides:
- export support;
- protection of the domestic market and support of domestic manufacturers;
- integration of economy of the Russian Federation into system of the international economic relations.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.