of August 4, 2008 No. 183
About food security of the Kyrgyz Republic
Accepted by Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic on June 19, 2008
This Law establishes the main directions in the field of ensuring food security of the Kyrgyz Republic which is the integral and important component of homeland security of the state.
In this Law the following terms and determinations are used:
food security of the Kyrgyz Republic (further food security) - state of the economy of the Kyrgyz Republic in case of which food independence of the republic is provided and is guaranteed physical and economic availability of food to the population according to the established minimum regulations of consumption of food;
ensuring food security - development and implementation of the economic, organizational and other measures directed to the prevention of food crises and requirements satisfaction of the population, including its socially vulnerable layers in main products of food at the level of the minimum regulations of consumption of food;
food crisis - situation in which providing the population with main products of food according to the minimum regulations of consumption of food is under the threat on all or considerable part of the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic and this threat can be eliminated only using measures of state regulation;
socially vulnerable segments of the population - the category of citizens determined by social security authorities according to the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic on social protection;
the minimum regulations of consumption of food - the regulations of consumption of foodstuff in the quantity necessary for ensuring needs for the food and approved according to the procedure, established by the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic on food security;
the necessary production rate of food - the production rate of main products of food and food raw materials domestic producers calculated on the basis of the average per capita need of the population for the main foodstuff taking into account structure of distribution of the population on age, sex, working conditions, climate and also on other features of diet in case of which food security of the Kyrgyz Republic is ensured;
physical product availability of food - uninterrupted receipt of food to places of their consumption in the amounts sufficient for population requirements satisfaction;
economic product availability of food - possibility of acquisition by the population, including its socially vulnerable layers, food according to the minimum regulations of consumption of food under the existing structures of consumption, price system, level of the income, social benefits;
particular treatment - certain period of time of action of food crisis. Time frames of particular treatment are established by the decision of the Cabinet of Ministers on representation of Council for food security and food;
healthy food of the population - complex of the actions directed to creation of the conditions providing requirements satisfaction of different national groups in healthy food taking into account their traditions and economic situation.
Food security is based on requirements of the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic, and also the international treaties which became effective in the procedure established by the law.
1. The purpose of ensuring food security - creation of conditions for access of the population to necessary amount of food products according to the minimum regulations of consumption of food which are based on their availability, availability and safety, and also conditions for access to healthy food.
2. Food security is ensured through acceptance and implementation of nation-wide and industry programs for achievement of food security in the way:
- safety of health of the person and the quality made, imported and realized in the Kyrgyz Republic of food and food staples according to requirements of the technical regulations, standards and regulatory legal acts operating before entry into force of technical regulations;
- determinations of procedure for operational purchase, delivery and distribution of main products of food for the population, and first of all for its socially vulnerable layers, in case of food crisis or threat of its origin;
- approvals of the list of main products of food which is developed by authorized state body in the field of health care of the Kyrgyz Republic;
- implementation of the state control of production, storage and sales of products of food in all organizations, irrespective of legal forms and patterns of ownership according to the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic on conducting checks.
3. In case of food crisis or its threat the Cabinet of Ministers on representation of Council for food security and food sets specific mode of ensuring food security for certain period.
4. Availability of food is determined by combination of inventories of the state material reserve, import, food aid and own production.
5. Food shall be available both concerning their physical availability, and concerning consumer capability.
1. Achievement of food security is provided with development of agro-industrial complex of the Kyrgyz Republic. Strategic objective of development of agro-industrial complex of the Kyrgyz Republic is ensuring requirements of the population of the Kyrgyz Republic with main products of food due to their production by domestic business entities.
2. The main directions of the state support are:
- guarantees on payment of the food products which are handed over by agricultural producers at in advance announced prices;
- grants for production of main products of food;
- development of the leasing activities directed to strengthening of material and technical resources of rural producers;
- financing of research programs for development of seed farming and selection of agricultural plants and animals, to breeding case, enhancement of production technologies, conversions, storage and rational use of food products.
In case of food crisis or its threat Cabinet of Ministers:
- establishes normative distribution of main products of food to certain period for socially vulnerable segments of the population;
- establishes guaranteed prices for raw materials and quickly buys it directly from agricultural producers in the state material reserve;
- enters state regulation of the prices of separate types of food products according to the procedure, the established legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic on pricing;
- ceased to be valid;
- regulates export and import deliveries of main products of food by establishment of seasonal duties according to the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic on foreign trade activity;
- will organize delivery and distribution of main products of food for reasonable prices for socially vulnerable segments of the population;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.