of June 25, 2008 No. 142
About measures for further investment attraction on conducting exploration works and development of fields of solid minerals
Note that in Uzbekistan over 700 fields of 43 types of solid minerals, including such the most demanded in the world market as copper, zinc, molybdenum, tungsten, lithium, strontium, vein quartz and quartzites for production of technical silicon, mineral salts, phosphorites, stone and brown coal, fire-resistant and ceramic raw materials, construction materials and others are reconnoitered.
By separate types of minerals forecast resources considerably exceed explored reserves, including on polymetals and cement raw materials - twice, to tungsten - by 6 times, to fosforitovy ores and basalt - by 10 times, to vein quartz and quartzites - by 50 times.
At the same time, now about 80 percent from the existing fields of solid minerals are not involved in industrial development yet. Transfer of forecast resources of solid minerals in category of industrial inventories requires considerable expansion of amounts of exploration works, first of all due to involvement of foreign and domestic investors.
For the purpose of increase in efficiency of exploration works on solid minerals due to application of modern methods and technologies of search and investigation of mineral deposits, involvement in industrial development of undeveloped fields of solid minerals on the basis of broad attraction of direct foreign investments the Cabinet of Ministers decides:
1. Accept Goskomgeologiya's proposals, the Ministries of Economics, the Ministries of Finance, Goskompriroda of the Republic of Uzbekistan, the State inspection Sanoatkontekhnazorat about:
carrying out in 2008-2009 inventory count of fields of solid minerals (except for gold deposits and uranium) in the territory of the Republic of Uzbekistan with determination of subsoil users and accurate conditions of use of the respective subsoil plot provided in use for mining;
to transfer in accordance with the established procedure on Goskomgeologiya's balance of the Republic of Uzbekistan of inventories on undeveloped fields, and also on fields of solid minerals in case of which operation systematic violations of the law of the Republic of Uzbekistan about subsoil, including violations of the conditions of use of natural resources established in licenses for right to use by subsoil plots for mining are allowed.
2. Approve Regulations on procedure for carrying out inventory count of fields of solid minerals according to the appendix N 1.
3. For coordination of works on carrying out inventory count of fields of solid minerals to form the Commission in structure according to the appendix N 2.
Determine the main objectives of the Commission:
approval of the schedule of carrying out inventory count of fields of solid minerals (except for gold deposits and uranium) in the Republic of Karakalpakstan and by areas;
statement of members of working groups on field inspection of fields of solid minerals on the territories;
control of the course of carrying out inventory count of fields of solid minerals and consideration on system basis of its results.
The commissions to approve regulations of the work in a month.
4. Grant to the Commission the right:
involve, if necessary, in carrying out inventory count of fields of solid minerals of highly qualified specialists of the ministries and departments, representatives of public authorities on places;
approve the list of fields of solid minerals which inventories according to the procedure, established by the legislation on subsoil, are transferred to Goskomgeologiya's fixed assets of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
pass decisions on Goskomgeologiya's carrying out of the Republic of Uzbekistan tool measurements of amounts of the extracted minerals on the fields which are not involved in industrial development in case of establishment of the facts of illegal mining.
5. The state inspection Sanoatkontekhnazorat, Goskompriroda of the Republic of Uzbekistan till July 10, 2008 to provide in the Commission information on results of the inspections which are carried out by them within the competence in 2007 and in the first half of the year 2008 regarding observance by subsoil users of the legislation of the Republic of Uzbekistan on subsoil.
6. To provide to Council of Ministers of the Republic of Karakalpakstan, khokimiyats of areas on Goskomgeologiya's requests of the Republic of Uzbekistan submission of the information on the parcels of land provided to legal entities or physical persons for mining.
8. Goskomgeologiya of the Republic of Uzbekistan together with the Ministry of Economics and the Ministry of Finance when forming the program of exploration works on Goskomgeologiya's system for 2009 to provide funds for financing of expenses on carrying out inventory count of fields of solid minerals.
9. Goskomgeologiya of the Republic of Uzbekistan in three-months time to develop and submit in the Cabinet of Ministers for approval together with:
The Ministry of Foreign Economic Relations, Investments and Trades of the Republic of Uzbekistan - regulations on procedure for provision to potential foreign investors of geological information on undeveloped fields and prospective areas on solid minerals through specialized information systems in the amount sufficient for creation of pre-trial detention about object and efficiency of attachment of investments;
The Ministry of Economics, the Ministry of Finance, Goskompriroda of the Republic of Uzbekistan and the State inspection Sanoatkontekhnazorat - the list of strategically important types of minerals of the Republic of Uzbekistan, data on which, including information on fields and prospective areas, in the amount sufficient for creation of PTEO of the investment project, can be provided according to the decision of the Cabinet of Ministers to potential investors;
The Ministry of Economics and the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Uzbekistan - the list of the areas, perspective on identification of fields of precious, non-ferrous, rare metals and uranium of "sandstone" type within which exploration works will be carried out only by request of the state, and also the areas for carrying out search and prospecting works at the expense of means of foreign and domestic investors on the terms of production sharing agreements, creation of joint businesses or other conditions, meaning the subsequent profound conversion of minerals.
10. Goskomgeologiya of the Republic of Uzbekistan together with the Ministry of Foreign Economic Relations, Investments and Trades:
speed up work on attraction of foreign investments on conducting exploration works, and also development of fields of solid minerals it is preferential within the projects providing their profound conversion;
provide the organization and carrying out on annual basis of the international conferences "Investment Potential of Solid Minerals of Uzbekistan".
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.
The document ceased to be valid since February 23, 2019 according to Item 2 of the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan of February 23, 2019 No. 161