Approved by Board decision of National Bank of Tajikistan of September 16, 1997 No. 51
1. According to the procedure, established by this instruction, checks of banks and their branches are performed by authorized representatives of National Bank of Tajikistan; Chairman of National Bank of Tajikistan and its deputies; heads and the staff of Management of banking supervision with involvement of specialists of other managements of National Bank of Tajikistan; chiefs of regional managements of National Bank and their deputies; heads and staff of divisions of banking supervision, regional managements of National Bank of Tajikistan.
2. Checks of banks and their branches are carried out by National Bank of Tajikistan for implementation of the functions in the field of bank regulation and supervision, have main goal to determine directly on the place real financial condition of bank and its branches, to reveal the situations menacing to interests of creditors and investors, to check observance of the current banking legislation and regulations of National Bank of Tajikistan.
The specified checks do not carry out tasks and do not replace the audit inspections which are carried out for confirmation of reliability of the reporting (including balance and the profit and loss statement) banks and their branches, and also documentary audits of the proofs appointed by competent authorities for collection on the criminal, administrative civil and other case which is in their production.
3. Checks of banks and their branches are carried out according to the plan of work of Management of banking supervision of National Bank of Tajikistan, and also on personal errands of management of National Bank Tajikistan.
Unscheduled inspections are performed on specifying of the Chairman of National Bank of Tajikistan and its deputy supervising the division specified in Item 1 of this instruction, the head of regional management of National Bank of Tajikistan.
Plans of checks join first of all banks concerning which there are data on their unstable financial provision or the gross violations of the rules regulating their activities, as well as their branches which were not checked National by bank of Tajikistan or its regional managements more than two years allowed by them.
Plans of checks in necessary cases join conducting checks of the currency and other values which are in cash depositories and cash desks of banks and their branches and also under responsibility of cash employees of operational cash desks and on exchange points.
4. Checks of banks and their branches on behalf of National Bank of Tajikistan are appointed: The chairman of National Bank of Tajikistan or its deputy supervising the division performing check; the head of regional management of National Bank of Tajikistan - concerning any banks and their branches located in the territory of this area.
Cancellation of the begun check is made according to the written order of person who appointed check with indication of the cancellation reasons.
5. The decision on purpose of check of bank and its branches is drawn up by the written order (Appendix No. 1 to this Instruction) prepared by structural division authorized to carry out such inspections.
In the order it is specified: full name, the place stay and registration number of the checked bank and its branches, check type, structure of the working group, date the beginning and the ends of check.
Checking shall in 2 days prior to the beginning of check inform the head of bank or its branch of the beginning of check and hand it the order. When checking cash depositories and cash desks, and also in exceptional cases the order can be handed in day of the beginning of check.
The head of Commercial Bank or its branch, having received the message on check, shall prepare for checking documents according to the list given in Appendix No. 2 to this instruction.
6. Checks of banks and their branches are carried out in a complex or in the separate directions them activities with use of the forms and methods providing achievement of the purposes established by this instruction and accomplishment of objectives.
The specified inspections of banks can be carried out by studying of their documents, information containing in databases, interviews with employees, carrying out control calculations.
8. Checks of banks and their branches are carried out with the frequency necessary for the purposes of banking supervision and regulation. At the same time complex checks it is performed in each bank, as a rule, at least every two years.
9. Checks of banks and their branches are carried out to terms which are necessary and sufficient for accomplishment of the established task.
At the same time complex inspections of banks are carried out till 40 days, and check on separate activities of bank or its branches - till 20 days. Prolongation of these terms to the heads who appointed check, but no more than for 5 days is allowed.
10. For check of bank and its branches authorized divisions create the working groups of the employees, and also the staff of other authorized structural divisions and its regional organizations taking into account proposals of heads of these divisions.
Heads of structural divisions represent to authorized divisions of the offer on conducting checks on the questions entering their competence according to regulations on these divisions.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.