of May 15, 2008 No. 101-XVI
About the Concept of the State automated information system "Elections"
The parliament adopts this ordinary law.
Art. 1. - Approve the Concept of the State automated information system "Elections" stated in the annex which is component of this law.
Art. 2. - Central Election Commission:
- develop, regulate and implement the State automated information system "Elections", perform functions of her holder and the user;
- take measures for attraction of financial resources of donors - the international organizations for the purpose of joint financing of process of development and deployment of the State automated information system "Elections";
- perform in accordance with the established procedure substantive external audit of works on development and deployment of the State automated information system "Elections".
Art. 3. - To the government:
- provide in accordance with the established procedure means to start financing since September 1, 2008 of works on development and deployment of the State automated information system "Elections", and also for annual financing of the works connected with operation of the specified system;
- in coordination with Central Election Commission to establish stages and terms of performance of works on development and deployment of the State automated information system "Elections";
- with the assistance of Central Election Commission to develop and provide to six-months time to Parliament drafts of the legal acts necessary for implementation of the State automated information system "Elections";
- promote allocation for Central Election Commission of the respective rooms with the specifications necessary for normal functioning and content of the State automated information system "Elections".
chairman of the parliament
With growth of level of informatization of society there are more various forms and methods of the organization and elections and referenda. Process of election of elected bodies of the public power, including by implementation of electronic methods in process of the organization and elections, eventually assists strengthening and civil unification of society in the democratic state.
Automation of all stages of the electoral process allows to reduce considerably share of manual work, to increase efficiency of control of legality and publicity of the electoral process.
Now accomplishment of such functions as creation of electoral registers, is already possible on the basis of the State register of the population. However in process of development in the Republic of Moldova of information system such functions will become unnecessary or will undergo essential changes because citizens of the Republic of Moldova in the long term will be able to vote on any polling precinct irrespective of its territorial arrangement, including on the polling precincts organized in diplomatic representations and consulates of the Republic of Moldova abroad or is direct through information portal of Central Election Commission without appearance on the polling precinct (taking into account specifics of local and parliamentary elections).
Accomplishment of the set perspective task of full automation of process of elections is possible on condition of the solution of set of problems of organizational and technical nature, such as reasons for modern system of automation of all electoral processes, identification of citizens in electronic electoral system, universal implementation of the procedure of the digital signature, forming at citizens of the Republic of Moldova of skills of wide use of information technologies, etc.
From what technology will be applied at the first stage of implementation of this concept, in many respects depends what requirements will be imposed to automation at the subsequent stages. The range of decisions begins with the technologies which are already applied by Central Election Commission and comes to an end with the prospect of completely electronic vote when the voter finds himself in the automated information system by means of automatically the read-out document, sees on the screen the list of competitors on elections, pressing of key gives the vote for certain competitor and confirms the choice then the system blocks possibility of repeated vote on other polling precinct. As the voter will be able to vote on any polling precinct and only once, need for creation of electoral registers will disappear. Results of vote will become known at once after the end of vote, and data on number of the voted voters it will be possible to receive at any moment of vote.
Implementation and use of such information technologies in the field of elections is possible only after entering of corresponding changes into the legislative regulatory base. Informatization of the electoral processes is important component of National strategy of creation of information society - "Electronic Moldova".
1. The state automated information system "Elections" (further - GAIS "Elections") is developed for the purpose of automation of processes of preparation, carrying out, summing up elections and referenda. At the initial stages of implementation of this system and before its organizational technical supply and harmonization of the legislative regulatory base only results of manual calculation of the given votes will be valid.
2. The state register of voters is the single integrated information system of accounting of voters of the Republic of Moldova aiming at collection, accumulating, updating and information analysis about the citizens of the Republic of Moldova who reached age of 18 years and not limited by the law in the civil laws.
3. Main objectives of creation of GAIS "Elections" are:
a) ensuring publicity of the electoral process with observance of mystery of vote;
b) provision to citizens of alternative possibility of vote by means of electronic system;
c) operational receipt of reliable information about participation of voters in vote, and at the final stage of implementation of system - and about results of vote;
d) increase in efficiency of collection, the processing and information transfer used by preparation and elections and referenda;
e) creation of conditions for increase in efficiency of public control over reliability and completeness of information used in case of elections and referenda;
f) reducing terms of performance of works at all stages of preparation and elections and referenda due to reducing amount of manual work;
g) increase in efficiency when leading preliminary results of vote, statistical processing and the analysis of election results and referenda;
h) reducing budgeted expenses on the organization and elections and referenda;
i) familiarizing of citizens of the Republic of Moldova with the information technologies used in world practice.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 40000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.