The joint statement of the President of the Kyrgyz Republic K. Bakiyev and the President of the Republic of Tajikistan E. Rahmon on further deepening of friendship between the Kyrgyz Republic and the Republic of Tajikistan
of September 18, 2007
By the invitation of the President of the Kyrgyz Republic K. Bakiyev the President of the Republic of Tajikistan E. Rahmon paid on September 18-19, 2007 to the Kyrgyz Republic official visit.
Heads of two states having with satisfaction noted forward development of the Kyrgyz-Tajik relations,
- relying on centuries-old traditions of friendship, trust, neighborliness and historical community of destinies of the people of Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan,
- based on provisions of the Agreement on bases of the interstate relations between the Kyrgyz Republic and the Republic of Tajikistan of July 12, 1996, and also the Contract between the Kyrgyz Republic and the Republic of Tajikistan about good-neighbourhood and partnership of May 26, 2004,
- proceeding from readiness to support permanent and top-level close contacts, to conduct regular exchange of opinions on the major bilateral, regional and international problems,
- confirming commitment to the purposes and the principles of Articles of organization of the United Nations and other international treaties which participants are the Kyrgyz Republic and the Republic of Tajikistan,
declare as follows:
1. The Kyrgyz Republic and the Republic of Tajikistan are full of determination to remove the bilateral relations on the new, higher level of partnership on the basis of the principles of mutual respect of the state sovereignty and independence, territorial integrity and inviolability of borders, peaceful settlement of disputes, equality and non-interference to cases of each other, fair accomplishment of obligations, and also other universally recognized norms of international law.
2. The parties are sure that strengthening of the Kyrgyz-Tajik relations and partnership is important factor of ensuring regional security and development of full cooperation.
3. The parties consider the useful and requiring expansion to the practician bilateral foreign policy consultations at various levels on the questions which are of mutual interest.
4. The parties will assist development of inter-parliamentary communications and experience exchange in legislative activities.
5. The parties, attaching importance to deepening of mutually beneficial economic cooperation, agreed to make active efforts on creating favorable conditions for the further growth of mutual trade, to development of cooperation in the sphere of power, agricultural and water economy, transport and communications, light industry and other fields of economy.
6. The parties will keep development of interaction in financial and bank spheres, creation of joint businesses, building-up of communications between business entities and associations.
7. The parties consider important expansion of commercial ties between regions of the Kyrgyz Republic and the Republic of Tajikistan, and also between their business entities.
8. The parties, highly appreciating role of the Intergovernmental Kyrgyz-Tajik commission on complex consideration of bilateral questions, note need of further building-up of its activities.
9. The parties express readiness to strengthen cooperation in military area which answers tasks of safety of two countries and is not directed against the third states.
10. The parties encourage development of cooperation in the field of culture, science and education, and also the line of comprehensive exchanges in these areas.
11. The parties attach great value of delimitation and demarcation of frontier between the Kyrgyz Republic and the Republic of Tajikistan and confirm need of further work of the Intergovernmental commission on delimitation and demarcation of frontier.
12. The parties consider important to strengthen cooperation in the hydro-electric sphere and emphasize need of coordination of collateral actions for questions of effective and rational use of hydro-electric resources for the region.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.