The agreement between the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Government of the Russian Federation on cooperation in the field of use and development of the GLONASS global navigation satellite system
of May 22, 2008
The government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Government of the Russian Federation which are hereinafter referred to as with the Parties
considering mutual aspiration to cooperation increase in the field of use and development of satellite navigation and practical application of satellite navigation technologies with use of the Russian GLONASS global navigation satellite system (further - GLONASS system) for the benefit of the people of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Russian Federation,
agreed as follows:
The concepts used in this agreement mean the following:
signal of standard accuracy of GLONASS system - the signal transmitted by navigation satellites of GLONASS system in 3 subranges of the L-range (L 1, L2 and L 3) as it is determined in the interface control documents for the corresponding signals, and in any other future subranges available to all consumers of navigation signals of GLONASS system, for determination of 3 coordinates of location, 3 components of vector of speed and provision of time line of the consumer of rather system time of GLONASS and national time scale of the Russian Federation by UTC (SU);
signal of high precision of GLONASS system - the signal transmitted by navigation satellites of GLONASS system with use of code of limited access for the purpose of determination of 3 coordinates of location, 3 components of vector of speed and time with the increased accuracy;
the navigation equipment of consumers - the equipment for acceptance and processing of navigation signals of standard accuracy of GLONASS system, other global navigation satellite systems and means of their functional amendments for the purpose of determination by the consumer of 3 coordinates of location, 3 components of vector of speed and time;
functional amendments - systems of land and space basing for provision to consumers additional (rather standardly provided by the global navigation satellite systems) services;
satellite system of functional amendment of system the Glonassfunktsionalny amendment which is turning on geosynchronous satellites with the zone of servicing covering including the territories of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Russian Federation;
useful load of satellite system of functional amendment of GLONASS system - the useful load used for satellite system of functional amendment of GLONASS system, placed on geosynchronous satellites for which frequency assignments are registered in International union of telecommunication;
access to navigation signals of GLONASS system on continuous, global and unrestricted basis - opportunity to accept with use of the navigation equipment of consumers navigation signals of standard accuracy of GLONASS system with the set characteristics continuously in time in any point of the Earth's surface and near-earth space (up to the height of 2000 km) without ruggedization or shutdown of signals;
land infrastructure and land functional amendments of GLONASS system - the networks and systems created on the basis of the navigation equipment of consumers, allowing to use GLONASS system.
The purpose of this agreement is creation of the proper organizational and legal basis for mutually beneficial cooperation in specific areas of the joint activities connected with use and development of GLONASS system and the appropriate satellite navigation technologies, in particular, by means of:
1) cooperation regulations in the field of work on creation of the Kazakhstan land infrastructure, functional amendments of GLONASS system and the navigation equipment of consumers;
2) creations of conditions for cooperation in scientific research in the field of use of satellite navigation;
3) rendering mutual assistance in case of exchange of materials, the equipment and appropriate technologies in the field of satellite navigation;
4) creations of conditions for the conclusion of contracts on realization of activities within this agreement.
The cooperation within this agreement is performed according to legislations of the states of the Parties in case of respect for the conventional principles and rules of international law and without prejudice to accomplishment of the obligations by the Parties according to other international treaties which participants are the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Russian Federation.
1. The authorized bodies responsible for implementation of the cooperation provided by this agreement (daleeupolnomochenny bodies) are:
from the Kazakhstan side - the National Space Agency of the Republic of Kazakhstan,
from the Russian side - Federal Space Agency and the Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation.
The parties without delay notify each other in writing through diplomatic channels on replacement and (or) additional appointment of authorized bodies.
2. According to legislations of the states of the Parties, authorized bodies attract the organizations of the states to implementation of specialized types of activity within this agreement (further - the appointed organizations).
The cooperation within this agreement is performed in the following areas:
1) creation of the Kazakhstan land infrastructure and the land functional amendments of GLONASS system allowing to provide use of GLONASS system by consumers of navigation signals in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
2) creation of useful load and placement it on geosynchronous companions for the purpose of creation of the Kazakhstan satellite system of functional amendment of GLONASS system;
3) creation of the navigation equipment of consumers working on signals of standard accuracy of GLONASS system, other navigation satellite systems and their functional amendments.
Other areas of cooperation within this agreement can be determined in case of need by mutual consent of the Parties.
1. The cooperation within this agreement is performed in the following forms:
1) mutual exchange of scientific and technical information, experimental data, results of developmental works, materials, equipment and software;
2) assistance to implementation of programs for preparation and personnel training, exchange of scientific, technical and other specialists;
3) carrying out symposiums, conferences and exhibitions;
4) development of different forms of cooperation and joint activities in the international market of navigation equipment and services, including the activities relating to commercial projects in the field of use of navigation satellite systems;
5) provision of specialized technical assistance.
2. Organizational, financial, legal and specifications of implementation of specific programs and projects of cooperation constitute subject of free standing agreements (contracts) between authorized bodies and (or) the appointed organizations.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 40000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.