of November 9, 2000 No. 659
About approval of the Regulations on the honorary consul of the Kyrgyz Republic
For the purpose of coordination of work of honorary consuls of the Kyrgyz Republic and regulation of their activities the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic decides:
2. To the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kyrgyz Republic in case of appointment of honorary consuls of the Kyrgyz Republic to be guided by this Provision.
3. To impose control of execution of this Resolution on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kyrgyz Republic.
4. Publish this Resolution in mass media.
Approved by the Order of the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic of November 9, 2000 No. 659
The terms provided in this provision have the following values:
1. The consular establishment of the Kyrgyz Republic (in dalneyshemkonsulsky organization) means any consulate general, consulate, vice-consulate, the consular agency, including, headed by the honourable consular official.
2. The consular district - the area allocated to consular establishment for accomplishment of consular functions.
3. The honorary consul of the Kyrgyz Republic - any person who is not the regular consular official to whom on behalf of the Kyrgyz Republic accomplishment of separate consular functions in the territory of the state of stay is entrusted.
4. Consular rooms mean the buildings used only for the purposes of consular establishment or parts of buildings and the parcel of land servicing this building or parts of buildings.
5. Consular archives include all papers, documents, correspondence, movies, tapes of sound recording and registers of consular establishment together with card-indexes and any furnishings intended for ensuring their safety or storage and relating to office activities of consular establishment.
1.1. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kyrgyz Republic with the consent of the state of stay can charge accomplishment of separate consular functions to honorary consuls of the Kyrgyz Republic.
1.2. Can be the honorary consul both the citizen of the Kyrgyz Republic, and the citizen of foreign state, from among persons holding visible social standing in the state of stay and having necessary personal qualities, and also having opportunity properly to perform the consular functions assigned to it.
1.3. Person can be the honorary consul:
- within the last three years constantly living in the territory of the state of stay;
- not the favourites in elected bodies, not being the government employee, the salaried employee state or regional authorities;
- not being the person involved in search materials of International Criminal Police Organization (Interpol) and law enforcement agencies of the state of stay;
- aged from 25 up to 75 years.
The Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Kyrgyz Republic or person replacing it conducts interview with each candidate applying for appointment as the honorary consul.
In case of selection of persons recommended for appointment as honorary consuls work experience in the field of protection of the rights and interests of physical persons and legal entities, the investment contribution to economy of the Kyrgyz Republic, rendering the charitable help to the Kyrgyz Republic and activity in the diasporalny organizations of the Kyrgyz Republic abroad are considered.
1.4. The honorary consul protects in the consular district the rights and interests of the Kyrgyz Republic, her citizens and legal entities.
Within the competence the honorary consul promotes development of friendship of the Kyrgyz Republic with the state of stay, to expansion of trade and economic, scientific and technical, cultural and humanitarian bonds, tourism development, promotes development of partnership between business community of the Kyrgyz Republic and state of stay, sets up cooperation with free economic zones, funds and entrepreneurial structures. Actively helps and organizes business seminars, educational monitorings. Renders assistance in the organization and holding visits of official delegations of the Kyrgyz Republic to the state of stay, Culture Days and meetings between on-stage performance groups of the Kyrgyz Republic and state of stay.
Creates information and analytical and the legislation in the field of economy, customs, passport and visa policy, boundary and other questions.
1.5. In the activities the honorary consul is guided by the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic, international treaties of the Kyrgyz Republic, the universally recognized norms and the principles of international law, legislations of the state of stay and the Kyrgyz Republic, Provisions of the Vienna convention on the consular intercourses, and also this Provision.
1.6. The honorary consul submits to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kyrgyz Republic and performs the functions under the direction of diplomatic representation or consular establishment of the Kyrgyz Republic in the state of stay, and for lack of those - the Ministries of Foreign Affairs of the Kyrgyz Republic or, according to its order, the Kyrgyz diplomatic representation in the adjacent state.
On specifying of diplomatic representation or consular establishment of the Kyrgyz Republic the honorary consul can perform also other consular functions which are not provided by this Provision if accomplishment of the last does not contradict the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic and state of stay.
1.7. The institute of honorary consuls is subdivided into the following classes:
a) honorary consul general;
b) honorary consul;
c) honorary vice consul;
d) honourable consular agent.
In case of achievement by the honorary consul of considerable progress in work and special merits, in the presence of length of service to positions at least 1 year, taking into account efficiency of participation in realization of foreign policy of the Kyrgyz Republic, level of the bilateral relations between the Kyrgyz Republic and the state of accreditation, activity of the decision by the honorary consul of questions of protection of the rights and interests of the citizens and legal entities of the Kyrgyz Republic confirmed by the conclusion of diplomatic representation or consular establishment of the Kyrgyz Republic under which direct management it performs the activities and in case of that absence - the Ministries of Foreign Affairs of the Kyrgyz Republic, the class of the honorary consul general of the Kyrgyz Republic can be appropriated to it.
1.8. The location of the residence and office of the honorary consul, its consular district are determined under the agreement with the state of stay.
1.9. The honorary consul has the corresponding consular details:
- National flag of the Kyrgyz Republic;
- consular board with the State Emblem of the Kyrgyz Republic.
The specified consular details are state-owned property of the Kyrgyz Republic. The honorary consul takes measures for ensuring their safety and immunity.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.