of October 25, 1996 No. 2843
About approval of the Regulations on passport system in Turkmenistan
2. Enact Regulations on passport system in Turkmenistan since October 25, 1996. To perform exchange and issue of national passports of the citizen of Turkmenistan during the period from October 25, 1996 to December 31, 2001.
3. Determine that before exchange in full passports of the citizen of the USSR of passports of citizens of Turkmenistan are saved the power by passports of sample of 1974, and also all-civil foreign passports of the former USSR. Diplomatic, service passports, passports of the seaman, and also residence permits for foreign citizens and stateless persons of the former USSR are valid till October 15, 1998.
4. To the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Turkmenistan:
in coordination with the interested ministries and departments in 2-month time to develop and approve the Instruction about procedure for application of the Regulations on passport system in Turkmenistan;
establish the cost of forms of passport products levied from the population taking into account actual expenses on their production.
5. To the Ministry of Social Welfare of Turkmenistan, Ministry of Health and the Medical Industry of Turkmenistan, Ministry of Economics and finance of Turkmenistan, to the State committee of Turkmenistan according to the statistics. To institute of economy under the Cabinet of Ministers of Turkmenistan together with the Ministry of Justice of Turkmenistan, and also other interested ministries and departments to develop form of the reference for the needy category of the population exempted from payment of the cost for execution of the passport levied in case of one-time exchange of passports of old sample for new in a month.
6. Hyakimlikam of welayats, cities and etraps:
together with law-enforcement bodies to organize and carry out the work connected with exchange and issue of passports to citizens of Turkmenistan;
take measures to improvement of accommodation of employees of passport services and creation of necessary conditions for servicing of the population by it.
7. To the ministries, departments, organizations and the organizations of all patterns of ownership to take measures to elimination of cases of the requirement from any citizens of references when necessary data can be confirmed with presentation of the passport or other identity documents.
8. To the Ministry of Justice of Turkmenistan and the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Turkmenistan to prepare and provide offers on entering into the legislation of Turkmenistan of the changes and amendments following from this resolution to the Cabinet of Ministers of Turkmenistan in a month.
9. Recognize invalid:
the resolution of Council of Ministers of TSSR of October 15, 1974 No. 456 "About acceptance note and to management of the resolution of Council of Ministers of the USSR of August 28, 1974 No. 677 "About approval of the Regulations on passport system in CCCP" (JV TSSR, 1974, No. 10. Art. 114);
item 4 of the resolution of Council of Ministers of TSSR of March 17, 1983, No. 121 "About change of some resolutions of Council of Ministers of TSSR on administrative offenses";
Item of 2 changes which are made to the decision of the Government of the Turkmen SSR since July 1, 1991, TSSR approved by the resolution of Council of Ministers of November 14, 1990 No. 335 "About modification of decisions of the Government of the Turkmen SSR in connection with the Law USSR "About languages of the people of the USSR" (JV TSSR, 1990, No. 11, the Art. 155).
President of Turkmenistan
Approved by the resolution of the President of Turkmenistan of October 25, 1996 No. 2843
1. This Provision determines concept of the passport and passport system, procedure for registration and issue of passports, instructions for use them, and also rules of passport system.
2. For the purposes of this provision the following concepts mean:
the passport - the official document proving the owner's identity;
passport system - set of the precepts of law establishing single identity documents of the citizens, and the set of rules determining accounting treatment and regulations of their movement.
The passport system promotes practical implementation of constitutional rights of citizens of Turkmenistan in their free movement and the choice of the residence within the country, and also to strengthening of law and order, legality and homeland security.
Passports of citizens of Turkmenistan, service and diplomatic passports, the passport of the seaman shall conform to the international requirements.
3. Identity documents of the citizen of Turkmenistan, are: certificate of birth; passport of the citizen of Turkmenistan; diplomatic passport; service passport; passport of the seaman; identity certificate of the serviceman or military ID.
4. The citizens of the states of the CIS who are not citizens of Turkmenistan live in its territory according to passports of the states before settlement about issue and exchange of passports.
5. Foreign citizens live in Turkmenistan according to documents and according to the procedure, the established legislation of Turkmenistan.
6. The passport of the citizen of Turkmenistan (the passport is referred to as) is the identity document of the owner and his nationality.
Each citizen of Turkmenistan who reached 16-year age shall have the passport.
Passports are made on single sample in the Turkmen, Russian and English languages.
The sample of the passport and its description affirm the President of Turkmenistan.
8. The passport of the citizen of Turkmenistan is valid in case of trip abroad on private affairs, for permanent residence and in tourist trip. For the citizens who are going abroad the passport of the citizen of Turkmenistan is drawn up in the procedure established by the legislation. In case of trip abroad together with the owner of the passport all minor children can leave. Passports of citizens of Turkmenistan abroad are issued to the children of citizens of Turkmenistan who did not reach 16-year age in case of their departure.
9. In the passport the following data on the identity of the citizen of Turkmenistan are entered:
surname, name, middle name;
number, month, year of birth;
Record about nationality in the passport is made according to nationality of parents. If parents belong to different nationalities, then in case of issue of the passport for the first time the nationality registers at the request of the receiver of the passport.
Change of nationality is made in the procedure established by the legislation, but no more once.
10. In passports records are made:
about the been born children - bodies of civil registration;
about registration and the statement - hyakimam of etraps and cities, persons authorized on conducting passport work;
about the information about the identity of the citizen specified in Item 9 of this provision - law-enforcement bodies;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.