of December 13, 1997 No. 516
This Law provides and protects constitutional rights of citizens on cultural activities, governs legal relations of subjects of cultural activities and determines state policy in the field of culture.
In this Law the following basic concepts are used:
- culture - set of the material and cultural wealth created by mankind and used for the purpose of spiritual development of the personality;
- creative activities - the activities connected with creation of cultural values;
- cultural heritage - set of the cultural values having national and state value and being exclusive property of the Republic of Tajikistan;
- non-material cultural heritage - traditions and oral means of expression, including language, customs, ceremonies and celebrations, knowledge and skills connected with the nature, the planet and traditional crafts and also means and objects of execution;
- cultural organization - the legal entity created according to the legislation of the Republic of Tajikistan which main activity is connected with the sphere of culture;
- the worker of the sphere of culture - physical person which activities are connected with protection, development, the edition and use of cultural values and involvement of citizens to these values;
- cultural activities - the activities of physical persons and legal entities connected with creation, production, recovery, protection, development, the edition and use of cultural values;
- authorized state body in the field of culture - the state body performing state policy in the field of culture;
- cultural values - the material and spiritual means having the secular and religious features and other values having historical, scientific, art and cultural value;
- national cultural heritage - the cultural values having historical and cultural value and entered in the State register of objects of national cultural heritage;
- the creative union - the public association of professional creative specialists of one or several cultural directions created on the basis of individual membership.
This Law regulates cultural activities in the following areas:
- identification, studying, protection, restoration and use of historical and cultural monuments;
- fiction, cinematography, scenic, dancing, musical, fine arts, photoart and other types and genres of art;
- art national crafts and crafts, languages, dialects, folklore, customs and ceremonies, historical toponyms;
- amateur art creativity;
- museum case and collecting of historical and cultural monuments;
- book publishing, the library activities and other cultural activities connected with creation, promotion and use of the book and also activities of archive organizations;
- television, broadcasting and other audiovisual means regarding creation and distribution of cultural values;
- esthetic education, art education, pedagogical activities in this area;
- scientific research in the field of culture;
- international cultural exchanges;
- production of the materials, equipment and other means necessary for preserving, creations, distribution and mastering of cultural values;
- other activities as a result of which cultural values remain, created and accustom.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.