of January 5, 2008 No. 355
About seed farming
This Law establishes the legal basis of activities for production or reproduction, processing, certification, realization of seeds, saplings and plants, and also the organization and carrying out registration of grades and seed control.
In this Law the following basic concepts are used:
- seed farming - activities for production or reproduction, processing, certification, realization of seeds of plants, and also registration of grades and seed control;
- seeds - the parts of plants (seed, grain, fruit, tuber crop, root crop, bulb, shank, sapling, seedling, etc.) applied to reproduction of plant varieties;
- high-quality signs - set of the signs characterizing high-quality accessory and purity of the seeds confirmed with field and laboratory researches;
- batch of seeds - certain quantity homogeneous by origin and to quality of seeds;
- grade - the botanical group of cultural plants which is constituting whole and having distinguishability, uniformity and stability;
- field control of seed crops - inspection of seed crops for the purpose of establishment of their belonging to certain grade, determination of varietal purity and uniformity of grade, availability of weeds, establishment of defeat of crops diseases and wreckers;
- high-quality control - actions for determination of varietal purity, establishment of accessory of plant and seeds to certain grade by means of carrying out field control of seed crops, high-quality control on special sites and the laboratory analysis;
- control of grade on special sites - establishment of belonging of plants and seeds to certain grade, determination of varietal purity of plants by means of crops of seeds on special sites and the subsequent studying of signs of plants;
- seed control - actions for determination of quality of seeds, control over observance of requirements of state standards and other regulatory legal acts in the field of seed farming;
- certification of seeds - the system of quality assurance of seeds including field inspection, control of grade on special sites and laboratory seed analysis of the grades included in the State register of grades;
- quality of seeds - set of the signs characterizing belonging of seeds to certain plant variety and their suitability for crops (for example: purity, viability and health of seeds);
- the laboratory analysis - establishment of quality factors of seeds by means of the laboratory analysis;
- hybrid seeds - the seeds of the first generation received as a result of crossing of parent forms;
- normal seeds of forest plants - the seeds collected from forest plants;
- the improved seeds of forest plants - the seeds made from the best samples of the perfect and grown-up forest plants;
- high-quality seeds of forest plants - the seeds made from cultivars of forest plants;
- The state register of grades - the list in which grades and hybrids of the plants which passed official test are entered.
- The register of producers of seeds of plants of original and elite categories - the list which joins the physical persons and legal entities which are engaged in production of seeds of plants of original and elite categories.
The legislation of the Republic of Tajikistan on seed farming is based on the Constitution of the Republic of Tajikistan and consists of this Law, other regulatory legal acts of the Republic of Tajikistan, and also the international legal acts recognized by Tajikistan.
This Law governs the relations connected with implementation of activities for production, reproduction, processing, the offer of seeds to sale, import and export of grades of seeds and also the relations arising under the organization and carrying out high-quality and seed control.
Financing in the field of seed farming is performed at the expense of the government budget within industry programs, and also by attraction of foreign and domestic investments.
Depending on method of certification of different types of plants the following categories of seeds are determined:
- reproductive (seeds of the first and subsequent reproductions, and also hybrid seeds of the first generation).
Production methods of seeds of the corresponding categories are established by authorized state body of management in the field of agricultural industry.
Original seeds are the seeds made by the selector of grade or person authorized by it.
Selector of grade are the physical persons or legal entities which created plant grade, ensuring safety of grade and its data entered in the State register of grades.
The instruction about registration of grade is approved by authorized state body of management in the field of agricultural industry.
Elite seeds are the seeds received from original seeds and conforming to requirements of state standards and other regulatory legal acts in the field of seed farming.
The number of generations of elite seeds determines authorized state body of management in the field of agricultural industry.
Elite seeds are used for production of reproductive seeds.
Reproductive seeds are seeds of the subsequent generations received from elite seeds.
The number of generations of reproductive seeds is determined by authorized state body of management in the field of agricultural industry.
Hybrid seeds of the first generation are considered as reproductive seeds.
Depending on heritable properties the following categories of seeds of forest plants are determined: normal, improved and high-quality.
Belonging of seeds of forest plants to the specified categories of seeds of forest plants is determined by authorized state body of management in the field of agricultural industry.
The system of seed farming represents set of functionally interconnected physical persons and legal entities performing activities for production of seeds.
The procedure for functioning of system of seed farming determines authorized state body of management in the field of agricultural industry.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.