Ministry of Justice
On January 23, 2008 No. 10975
of December 27, 2007 No. 153n
About approval of the Accounting regulation "Accounting of Intangible Assets" (PBU 14/2007)
For the purpose of enhancement of normative legal regulation in the sphere of financial accounting and accounting records and according to the Regulations on the Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation approved by the order of the Government of the Russian Federation of June 30, 2004 N329 (The Russian Federation Code, 2004, N 31, Art. 3258; N 49, of Art. 4908; 2005, N 23, Art. 2270; N 52, of Art. 5755; 2006, N 32, Art. 3569; N 47, of Art. 4900; 2007, N 23, Art. 2801; 5491) I order to Art. N 45,:
1. Approve the enclosed Accounting regulation "Accounting of Intangible Assets" (PBU 14/2007).
2. Determine that this order becomes effective from accounting records of 2008.
3. Determine that the organizations, being legal entities by the legislation of the Russian Federation (except for credit institutions and budgetary institutions), make in financial accounting as of January 1, 2008 write-off of size of the organizational expenses considered as a part of intangible assets, minus charged depreciation on the account of retained earnings (uncovered loss).
4. Determine that this order extends to non-profit organizations concerning the objects accepted by the organization to financial accounting in 2008 and the next years.
The Deputy Prime Minister of Russia is the Minister of Finance of the Russian Federation
A. L. Kudrin
to the Order of the Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation of December 27, 2007 No. 153n
1. This Provision establishes rules of forming in financial accounting and accounting records of information on intangible assets of the organizations, being legal entities by the legislation of the Russian Federation (except for credit institutions and the public (municipal) institutions).
2. This Provision is not applied in the relation:
a) the research, developmental and technological works which did not yield positive result;
b) not finished and not drawn up in the procedure for research, developmental and technological works established by the legislation;
c) material carriers (things) in which results of intellectual activities and means of individualization equated to them are expressed (further - means of individualization);
d) financial investments.
3. Acceptance to financial accounting of object as intangible asset requires one-time accomplishment of the following conditions:
a) object is capable to bring to the organization economic benefits in the future, in particular, object is held for use in production, in case of performance of works or rendering services, for managerial needs of the organization or for use in the activities directed to goal achievement of creation of non-profit organization (including in the business activity performed in accordance with the legislation of the Russian Federation);
b) the organization has the right to economic benefits which this object is capable to bring in the future (including the organization has properly the processed documents confirming existence of the asset and right of the this organization to result of intellectual activities or means of individualization - patents, certificates, other security documents, the contract on alienation of exclusive right for result of intellectual activities or for means of individualization, the documents confirming transition of exclusive right without agreement, etc.), and also there are restrictions of access for other persons to such economic benefits (daleekontrol over object);
c) possibility of allocation or department (identification) of object from other assets;
d) object is held for use for a long time, i.e. useful life, lasting over 12 months or normal operating cycle if it exceeds 12 months;
e) the organization does not suppose sale of object within 12 months or normal operating cycle if it exceeds 12 months;
e) the actual (initial) project cost can be authentically determined;
g) absence at object of material and material form.
3.1. The organization which has the right to apply the simplified methods of financial accounting including the simplified accounting (financial) records, can recognize expenses on acquisition (creation) of objects which are subject to acceptance to financial accounting as intangible assets according to this Provision, as a part of expenses on regular types of activity in full amount in process of their implementation.
4. In case of accomplishment of the conditions established in Item 3 this provision works of science, literature and art belong to intangible assets, for example; programs for electronic computers; inventions; useful models; selection achievements; know-how (know-how); trademarks and service marks.
As a part of intangible assets also the goodwill which arose in connection with acquisition of the company as property complex is considered (in general or its parts).
Intangible assets are not: the expenses connected with formation of legal entity (organizational expenses); intellectual and business qualities of personnel of the organization, their qualification and capability to work.
5. Unit of financial accounting of intangible assets is inventory object.
Inventory object of intangible assets set of the rights arising from one patent, the certificate, the contract on alienation of exclusive right for result of intellectual activities or for means of individualization or in other procedure established by the law, the certain independent functions intended for accomplishment is recognized. As inventory object of intangible assets the difficult object including several protected results of intellectual activities (the movie, other audiovisual work, theatrical and spectacular representation, multimedia product, single technology) can be also recognized.
6. The intangible asset is accepted to financial accounting on the actual (initial) cost determined as of its acceptance date to financial accounting.
7. The actual (initial) cost of intangible asset the amount estimated in terms of money equal to payment size in cash and other form or size of accounts payable, paid or added by the organization in case of acquisition, creation of asset and providing conditions for use of asset in the planned purposes is recognized.
8. Expenses on acquisition of intangible asset are:
the amounts paid according to the contract on alienation of exclusive right for result of intellectual activities or for means of individualization to the owner (seller);
customs duties and customs fees;
the non-refundable amounts of taxes, the state, patent and other fees paid in connection with acquisition of intangible asset;
the remunerations paid to the intermediary organization and other persons through which the intangible asset is acquired;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.