The agreement between the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Government of the Russian Federation on cooperation in the field of use of the space and aircraft equipment, technologies and remote sensing of Earth
of July 6, 1998
The government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Government of the Russian Federation which further are referred to as with "Parties"
proceeding from the friendship existing between the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Russian Federation and interests of further expansion and deepening of cooperation on use of the equipment and technologies, space and close to them, for the solution of social and economic problems of the Parties,
based on the Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Government of the Russian Federation "About sci-tech cooperation" of November 25, 1996,
aiming at preserving and development of scientific and technical and economic bonds between scientific and industrial complexes of space orientation of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Russian Federation for the benefit of both States,
respecting the international obligations assumed by the Parties
agreed as follows.
The parties perform cooperation in the sphere of activity connected with use of the space and aircraft equipment and technologies, including the remote sensing of Earth (RSE) on purpose:
1. associations of scientific and technical, intellectual and industrial potential of the organizations and companies - producers and suppliers of the space equipment, services and technologies;
2. diversifications and conversion of objects of space industry and infrastructure;
3. uses of the DZZ space technologies, the equipment, products and services in the territory and for the solution of social and economic tasks of the Parties;
4. increases in professional level of specialists;
5. assistance to development of new spheres of business, to attraction of private and state orders, the credits and investments for realization of joint projects.
The cooperation of the Parties covers in parts or in full, but is not limited to the listed below types of activity:
1. use of the space equipment and D33 technologies for the benefit of economy and safety of the Parties;
2. development of space infrastructure, including space systems of telecommunications, navigation, air traffic control, remote sensing;
3. creation of scientific-industrial complexes for carrying out researches in the field of space technologies, including DZZ, production in space of new materials, high-net substances, data processing and rendering services;
4. exchange of space technologies, including DZZ, and joint promotion of space technologies for the markets of the third parties;
5. preparation and retraining of scientific and engineering personnel;
6. exchange of information, including information obtained by means of DZZ, holding joint seminars and conferences.
Proceeding from interests and financial opportunities, Party:
1. adopt the Program of joint activities in the field of use of the space equipment and technologies, including DZZ which is referred to as further with "Program";
2. provide joint development and financing of the projects implemented thanks to government budgets of the Parties;
3. business entities who can have the different organizational forms, including forms of joint businesses, Data-processing centers of DZZ and technology transfer and others, referred to as further with "Business entities" create. In case of mutual consent of the Parties the companies and the organizations of the third parties can be part of Business entities;
4. the Business entities created for activities implementation, falling under provisions of Article 1 of this agreement attract to accomplishment of national and international projects in priority procedure for the Party.
The Kazakhstan Side creates the Public Records Office of data of remote sensing of the territory and the Business entity who is entrusted with the operational management by the archive stated above determines. The Russian side donates to the Kazakhstan Side the available these kosmosjemk of the territory of Kazakhstan executed during the period till 1993.
Each of the Parties promotes promotion of the space equipment and technologies, including DZZ, and services of other Party on the markets and the markets of the third countries.
Each of the Parties exercises control of observance of the approved requirements concerning providing technical, radiation and ecological safety of the works which are carried out within this agreement in its territory and registration of the corresponding permissions and licenses.
For the purpose of accomplishment of this agreement by the competent authorities of the Parties which are referred to as further with "General contractors" are:
from the Kazakhstan side - the Ministry of science - Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Kazakhstan,
from the Russian side - the Russian space agency.
Recognizing that the activities which are based on use of the space equipment and technologies, including DZZ are strategic directions of activities of both States, General contractors of the Parties exercise coordination and control of the activities undertaken within this agreement, development of the joint programs financed from government budgets of the Parties, approval of priority activities. General contractors pursue coordinated policy of the activities falling under action of this agreement. For the purpose of accomplishment of provisions of this Article General contractors, if necessary, determine the structures realizing the above functions of General contractors in the structure.
If necessary, the Parties sign the Executive Agreements determining structure, mechanisms of functioning and activity of the Business entities created for the purpose of implementation of provisions of this agreement.
All activities undertaken in connection with this agreement are performed according to the legislation and regulations of that Party in the territory of which it is conducted.
This agreement does not affect the rights and obligations of the Parties following from the agreements with the third countries which are earlier signed by them.
The equipment, devices, materials, technologies, information, the "know-how", experience and intellectual property transferred to one of the Parties according to this agreement can be transferred or used for accomplishment of orders of other Party or the third party only from written consent of the transferring Party.
The disputes arising in connection with interpretation and application of this agreement are permitted by mutual consultations and negotiations or by means of other procedures approved by the Parties.
This agreement becomes effective from the date of the last notification on accomplishment of interstate procedures, affects within five years with automatic prolongation the subsequent five-year periods.
This agreement can be added or changed under approval between the Parties.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.