of July 31, 2002 No. 136
About the Ombudsman (Akyykatchy) Kyrgyz Republic
Accepted by General Court of Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic on June 25, 2002
This Law determines the sphere of competence, form and method of activities, the procedure of election and dismissal of the Ombudsman (Akyykatchy).
Parliamentary control of observance of constitutional rights and freedoms of man and citizen in the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic and within its jurisdiction on permanent basis is performed by the Ombudsman (Akyykatchy) of the Kyrgyz Republic (further - the Ombudsman (Akyykatchy) which in the activities is guided by the Constitution, present and other laws of the Kyrgyz Republic, and also the international treaties which became effective in the procedure established by the law which participant is the Kyrgyz Republic.
Scope of this Law are the relations arising in case of realization of rights and freedoms of man and citizen only between the citizen of the Kyrgyz Republic irrespective of the place of its stay, the foreigner or the stateless person who are in the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic, and public authorities, local government bodies and their officials.
The purpose of control of the Ombudsman (Akyykatchy) are:
1) protection of the rights and freedoms of man and citizen proclaimed the Constitution and the laws of the Kyrgyz Republic, international treaties and agreements ratified by the Kyrgyz Republic;
2) observance and respect of rights and freedoms of man and citizen by the subjects specified in article 2 of this Law;
3) prevention of violations of rights and freedoms of man and citizen or assistance to their recovery;
4) assistance to reduction of the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic on rights and freedoms of man and citizen in compliance with the Constitution, international standards in this area;
5) improvement and further development of international cooperation in the field of protection of rights and freedoms of man and citizen;
6) prevention of any forms of discrimination on realization by the person of the rights and freedoms;
7) assistance of legal knowledge of the population and protection of confidential information on the individual.
1. The ombudsman (Akyykatchy) the citizen of the Kyrgyz Republic knowing state and official languages can be elected, is not younger 30 and 65 years are not more senior.
2. The ombudsman (Akyykatchy) person having criminal record for crime execution cannot be elected if this criminal record is not extinguished and is not removed in the procedure established by the law.
3. (Akyykatchy) parliamentary fractions have nomination rights to the Ombudsman's position.
Parliamentary fractions for election (Akyykatchy) present no more than three candidacies from each fraction for the Ombudsman's position.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.