of April 15, 2002 No. 240
About procedure for organization of events according to the prevention and liquidation of oil spills and oil products in the territory of the Russian Federation
For the purpose of ensuring efficiency of actions for the prevention and liquidation of oil spills and oil products in the territory of the Russian Federation the Government of the Russian Federation decides:
1. Approve enclosed:
Rules of organization of events according to the prevention and liquidation of oil spills and oil products in the territory of the Russian Federation;
changes and additions which are made to the order of the Government of the Russian Federation of August 21, 2000 by N613 "About Urgent Measures for the Prevention and Liquidation of Emergency Oil Spills and Oil Products" (The Russian Federation Code, 2000, N 35, the Art. 3582).
2. Recommend to executive bodies of subjects of the Russian Federation to create registers the contaminated oil and oil products of the territories and water objects for the purpose of damage assessment and potential danger of these pollution for the population and the surrounding environment.
3. This resolution is not applied in case of oil spills and oil products in internal sea waters and in the territorial sea.
Russian Prime Minister
Approved by the Order of the Government of the Russian Federation of April 15, 2002 No. 240
1. The these rules developed according to regulatory legal acts of the Russian Federation including with international treaties of the Russian Federation, establish requirements to organization of events according to the prevention and liquidation of the oil spills and oil products (further hereinafter are referred to as - actions) directed to decrease in their negative impact on life activity of the population and the surrounding environment. Organization of events is made by the federal executive bodies, executive bodies of subjects of the Russian Federation, local government bodies and the organizations performing investigation of fields, oil extraction, and also conversion, transportation and oil storage and oil products (further hereinafter are referred to as - the organizations).
2. In the organizations having hazardous production facilities for implementation of actions there shall be plan for the prevention and liquidation of oil spills and oil products (further hereinafter is referred to as - the plan) developed and approved in accordance with the established procedure according to qualifying standards to development and approval of plans for the prevention and liquidation of oil spills and oil products in the territory of the Russian Federation.
3. The list of the organizations (according to their industry accessory) affirms federal executive body in coordination with the Ministry of the Russian Federation for civil defense, to emergency situations and natural disaster response in coordination with the Ministry of natural resources of the Russian Federation and the Federal inspectorate for mining and industry of Russia.
4. The organizations shall:
create own forming (divisions) for liquidation of oil spills and oil products, to carry out certification of the specified forming in accordance with the legislation of the Russian Federation, to equip them with special technical means or to sign agreements with the professional rescue units (services) which are performing works on liquidation of oil spills and oil products, having the corresponding licenses and (or) certified in accordance with the established procedure;
to immediately notify in accordance with the established procedure relevant organs of the government and local government bodies on the facts of oil spills and oil products and to organize work on their localization and liquidation;
have reserves of financial resources and material resources for localization and liquidation of oil spills and oil products;
train workers in methods of protection and actions in the emergency situations connected with oil spills and oil products;
contain in good repair processing equipment, to beforehand hold the technical events directed to prevention of possible oil spills and oil products and (or) decrease in scales of danger of their effects;
take measures for protection of life and health of workers in case of oil spill and oil products;
develop the declaration of industrial safety of hazardous production facilities;
organize and exercise production control over observance of requirements of industrial safety on hazardous production facility;
carry out adjustment of plans in case of change of basic data;
allow to work on hazardous production facility of persons meeting the conforming qualification requirements and not having medical contraindications to the specified work;
have in cases, stipulated by the legislation the Russian Federation, the license for operation of hazardous production facility;
create and support in readiness systems of detection of oil spills and oil products, and also communication and warning systems.
5. For the purpose of determination of necessary structure of forces and special technical means on holding actions by the organizations forecasting of effects of oil spills and oil products and the secondary emergency situations caused by them is performed. Forecasting is performed concerning effects of the greatest possible oil spills and oil products based on risk assessment taking into account adverse hydroweather conditions, season, days, land relief, ecological features and nature of use of the territories (water areas).
The purpose of forecasting is determination:
possible scales of oil spills and oil products, degree of their negative impact on the population and subjects to its life support, on objects of the production and social sphere, and also on objects of the surrounding environment;
borders of regions of the increased danger of possible oil spills and oil products;
the sequences, terms and the most effective methods of performance of works on liquidation of oil spills and oil products.
6. Actions planning on liquidation of oil spills and oil products and finishing residual content of hydrocarbons in the surrounding environment to the admissible level answering to the corresponding climatic and other features of the territories, purpose and type of use of lands, water objects, sites of forest fund, other natural objects is performed on the basis of results of forecasting of effects of the greatest possible oil spill and the oil products given about structure of strength which is available on object and special technical means, and also data on professional rescue units (services) attracted to liquidation of floods.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.