of November 30, 2007
About amnesty in connection with the fifteenth anniversary of adoption of the Constitution of the Republic of Uzbekistan
According to representation of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan in connection with the fifteenth anniversary of adoption of the Constitution of the Republic of Uzbekistan, being guided by the principle of humanity, based on Item 10 of Article 80 and Item 23 of article 93 of the Constitution of the Republic of Uzbekistan the Senate of the Oliy Majlis of the Republic of Uzbekistan decides:
1. Exempt from punishment of convicts for for the first time the committed crimes:
b) persons to whom at the time of crime execution 18 years were not performed;
c) the men who reached 60-year age;
d) citizens of foreign states.
2. Exempt from punishment of the persons who committed crimes on imprudence, and also for the first time condemned persons who committed the crimes which are not constituting big public danger or less serious crimes.
3. Exempt from punishment of faces (except committed premeditated murders in case of aggravating circumstances) which no more than in one year prior to the introduction of this Resolution in force in the procedure established by the law are recognized as the suffering serious illness interfering serving sentence or disabled people of the first and second groups.
4. Exempt from punishment of convicts to imprisonment (except committed premeditated murders in case of aggravating circumstances) whose remaining balance of term of punishment does not exceed two years concerning which sentences took legal effect on the date of publication of this Resolution.
5. Exempt from punishment of persons who firmly followed way of correction, for the first time convicts to imprisonment for a period of up to 10 years inclusive for participation in activities of the prohibited organizations, making in their crime components against the world and safety or against public safety.
6. Stop all investigative cases and cases which are not considered by courts on the crimes committed by persons listed in Items 1 and 2 of this Resolution.
7. Reduce to persons which are not subject to release based on this Resolution, not left part of term of punishment:
a) condemned for intentional crimes to imprisonment for a period of up to ten years inclusive - on one third;
b) condemned for intentional crimes to imprisonment for the term of over ten years - on one quarter.
8. Not extend:
a) operation of this Resolution on especially dangerous recidivists; persons which are systematically breaking the serving sentence mode; and also on the persons who were earlier exempted from punishment according to the procedure of pardon or amnesty and again committed intentional crimes;
b) action of Item 1 of this Resolution on persons who committed especially serious crimes, except for the foreign citizens condemned for the crime provided by part 5 of article 273 of the Criminal code of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
c) action of Items 1-4, 6, 7 these Resolutions on persons condemned for participation in activities of the prohibited organizations, making in their crime components against the world and safety or against public safety.
9. Confer responsibility for implementation of this Resolution of the Senate on the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
10. This Resolution becomes effective from the date of publication and is subject to execution within three months.
Senate of the Oliy Majlis
Republic of Uzbekistan I. Sobirov
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.