of September 16, 1992 No. 212
About protection of the rights and freedoms, the state support of development of languages and cultures of the ethnic minorities, small people and ethnic groups living in the Azerbaijan Republic
Considering accommodation in the territory of the Azerbaijan Republic of ethnic minorities, small people and ethnic groups and the need for creating favorable conditions for their free development; setting as the purpose further enhancement in the republic of the international relations and increase in their level to requirements of the constitutional state under construction; based on article 19 of the Constitutional act of the state independence of the Azerbaijan Republic; meaning need of steady implementation for our country of personal freedom and equality of all citizens, irrespective of their nationality, race and religion, I decide:
1. To the Cabinet of Ministers of the Azerbaijan Republic, ministries and departments of the Azerbaijan Republic, Chapters of the local executive authority:
* for the purpose of protection of the political, economic, social, cultural rights and freedoms of representatives of the ethnic minorities, the small people and ethnic groups living in the territory of the Azerbaijan Republic, rendering the direct help in their realization comprehensively established by the Constitution of the Azerbaijan Republic to consider within activities of the ministries and departments the questions connected with the national relations, the tasks following from this Decree.
According to professional training of representatives of ethnic minorities, small people and ethnic groups and taking into account their possession of the equal rights without any discrimination to create comprehensive conditions for implementation of these rights, to prevent any action or failure to act directed to their violation, to increase attention to the solution of these questions in case of consideration of the applications and claims during reception of citizens.
2. Impute obligation of the office of the President of the Azerbaijan Republic, the Cabinet of Ministers of the Azerbaijan Republic, the ministries and departments of the Azerbaijan Republic, Chapters of the local executive authority implementation of government assistance and policy of the government in the following directions:
* preserving and development of cultural, language and religious identity of ethnic minorities, small people and ethnic groups;
* free departure of national traditions and customs, religious practices and rituals, preserving and use of places of church service and use of them;
* free development of national crafts, professional and amateur creativity and national crafts; protection of historical and cultural monuments of all nationalities; preserving areas, reserves, parks, essential to population, and other natural objects.
3. Charge to the Cabinet of Ministers of the Azerbaijan Republic, the ministries of culture, national education, finance, justice of the Azerbaijan Republic, Chapters of the city, district executive authority:
* create condition and take the adequate legal measures on providing the right of all nationalities to the organization and activities according to the legislation of the Azerbaijan Republic of the cultural and religious institutions, societies.
Consider expedient rendering to such organizations, societies and associations of the state support following from the legislation including allocation of rooms, material resources and financial resources.
4. To the Ministry of Justice of the Azerbaijan Republic to prepare and provide to the President of the Azerbaijan Republic the bill of the rights of the ethnic minorities living in the Azerbaijan Republic, the small people and ethnic groups in a month.
5. To the Ministry of Justice and Committee on protection of frontier of the Azerbaijan Republic for the purpose of possibility of free support by representatives of all nationalities in connection with the relatives living in other states to prepare and provide to the President of the Azerbaijan Republic the bill of the right of the simplified transition of frontiers of the Azerbaijan Republic in a month.
For this purpose to the Cabinet of Ministers of the Azerbaijan Republic. To provide to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Azerbaijan Republic, other interested ministries and departments offers on the conclusion of bilateral and multi-lateral agreements with the relevant states.
6. To the ministry of national education of the Azerbaijan Republic to prepare and perform actions for studying of language and literature of the small people in the territory of their compact accommodation according to the program of high school, and in the cities of Baku and Sumgayit - by holding optional occupations.
In view of transformation of the Azerbaijani teacher training college of foreign languages to the Azerbaijani state institute of languages to open department of philology of the small people and the relevant department here.
To prepare for the Cuban branch of the Azerbaijani state university of arts of M. A. Aliyev, Hussar branch of normal school of M. A. Sabir personnel for the Dagestan Turkic peoples, local population and the small people.
Prepare and provide the relevant proposals on preferential acceptance to the highest and average special educational institutions of inhabitants of mountainous areas of the republic, youth of the small people and tribespeople living out of the republic.
7. For the purpose of providing research of ancient roots, historical development, language and literature of all people living in Azerbaijan (including the southern region), and finishing it to the level of world requirements in Academy of Sciences of the Azerbaijan Republic and the Baku state university of M. E. Rasulzade to open departments and departments of semitologiya, antique languages, Caucasus studies, to train here the specialists able to develop historical and cultural heritage of shumer, elam, mann, midiyets, Albanians, hunn, Khazars and other ancient ethnoses. For this purpose to invite specialists from abroad and to send students, graduate students and scientists abroad to scientific and training centers of world value, to make all expenses at the expense of the government budget.
8. To the ministries of national education and culture of the Azerbaijan Republic to assist preserving crafts, art professions and amateur creativity, ancient crafts of the small people, creation of libraries, collectives of amateur performances, studios of folk art and workshops in their national cultural centers.
9. To the state committee of the Azerbaijan Republic on seal to pay attention to release educational, directory and fiction in languages of the small people.
Considering that in the country there is no periodic press organ of republican value on the national relations, for the purpose of illumination of life and creativity, work, inner world of all people, rendering government assistance to distribution of their languages and culture to issue under service of the adviser to the President of the republic for the international relations the weekly republican newspaper of big format under the name "Elin of Sesa".
10. To Azerbaijani TV and Radio Broadcasting private company to organize the teleradio programs lighting literature, folklore, life and work of the small people and ethnic groups living in Azerbaijan and also to provide release of "Republican news" in the Lezghin, Talysh, Kurdish languages, daily transfers on local broadcasting centers in languages of the small people.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.