of March 19, 1997 No. 252
About procedure for servicing of citizens by rail
Approve the Procedure for servicing of citizens by rail it (is applied).
Prime Minister of Ukraine
Approved by the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of March 19, 1997, No. 252
1. This Procedure determines general terms of servicing of citizens which perform trips, transport baggage or cargo baggage within Ukraine in railway vehicles of joint-stock company of rail transport public (further - JSC Ukrzaliznytsya) and in cars of other subjects of managing, and is obligatory for subjects of managing irrespective of pattern of ownership which perform business activity in the territory of Ukraine in services industry and transportations of passengers, baggage and cargo baggage, and citizens.
2. Servicing of citizens by rail is regulated by the Laws of Ukraine "About transport", "About rail transport", "About entrepreneurship", "About consumer protection", "About ensuring sanitary and epidemic wellbeing of the population", other acts of the legislation, and also this Procedure.
3. According to this Procedure and the Charter of the railroads Rules of transportations of passengers, baggage, cargo baggage and mail by rail (further - Rules) which affirm the Ministry of Infrastructure in coordination with the Antimonopoly Committee and Gosprodpotrebsluzhboy are developed.
Right to implementation of transportations and servicing of passengers by rail
4. The subjects of managing created and registered according to the current legislation of Ukraine for implementation of domestic and international carriages of passengers by rail shall obtain the license in the procedure established by the legislation.
Cars which are in property of subjects of managing except railway vehicles which belong to JSC Ukrzaliznytsya, join in railway vehicles of rail transport for running based on the agreements signed between subjects of managing.
5. The subject of managing which transports passengers, baggage and cargo baggage (further - carrier) shall have:
railway vehicles (cars, locomotives, motor-carriage rolling railway vehicles, diesel train, railcars, etc.);
technical means for:
- sales of travel/carriage documents;
- receiving and delivery of baggage, cargo baggage in the car and from the car;
- loadings and unloadings of luggage cars, cars for car shipping;
the special equipment for ensuring landing and disembarkation of persons with disability;
the room for acceptance, issue and storage of baggage, cargo baggage.
5-1. The subject of managing providing the services connected with servicing of passengers (further - the service provider), shall have:
the waiting rooms equipped according to the established regulations;
left-luggage offices for storage of hand luggage;
rooms for long rest of passengers;
the special equipment for free use of services of rail transport by persons with disability which use technical and other means of rehabilitation, and passengers with children;
other rooms and the equipment necessary for rendering the services connected with servicing of passengers;
technical means for sale of travel/carriage documents.
5-2. On junction stations carriers and service providers shall have in the cases provided by Rules, rooms for long rest of passengers, rooms of mother and the child.
Obligations of the subject of managing
6. The subjects of managing determined in Items 5 and 5-1 of this Procedure shall provide:
observance of requirements of labor protection and preserving the surrounding environment;
work of ticket offices at stations with the set operating mode;
sale upon the demand of citizens of travel documents on trains in which there are empty seats to any station of destination where the train stops;
renewal of the travel document on the train which departs before specified in the travel document;
recovery of travel documents in case of arrival of the train in Item of change of the passenger with delay;
recovery of validity of the travel document, except reserved seat, in case of delay of the passenger on the train, in the cases provided by Rules;
provision to users gratuitously information on the train schedule, fare, luggage transports, cargo baggage, the list and cost of services, availability of empty seats in trains;
complete or partial return of payments in case of refusal from trip on the conditions established by Rules;
sale of subscription tickets (complete, preferential, children's, student's and tickets of the day off) on trains of the suburban message;
control of use of rail media and observance of this Procedure and Rules;
provision of privileges to persons having the right to it according to the legislation;
replacement of travel documents or complete return of their cost in case of detection of any inaccuracies in registration because of the subject of managing.
6-1. The carrier shall provide:
acceptance of baggage for transportation to any station where receiving and delivery of baggage is performed;
the announcement of stops and rules of journey through the radio notifying network of the local train;
compliance of railway vehicles to requirements of the legislation and regulating documents on its operation;
transportation to place of employment and from place of employment of workers of working shifts who live in residential suburb and work in Kiev, Simferopol, Sevastopol, the regional centers and the cities of regional value. The residential suburb for rail haulings is established by JSC Ukrzaliznytsya (regional branch / branches) in coordination with the regional, Kiev and Sevastopol city state administrations;
movement safety, safety of baggage and cargo baggage in storages and during transportation;
observance of sanitary and hygienic regulations in railway vehicles;
complete or partial return of payments in case of refusal from luggage transport on the conditions established by Rules;
issue to passengers at additional expense which is levied according to Item 63 presents of the Procedure, bedding in all cars of passenger and fast trains (except general cars) and cars with places for sitting of the 3rd, 2nd and 1st class);
informing passengers when implementing trip concerning services which are provided in the train (car), stops on route of the train (car), concerning delay of the train;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.