of November 8, 2007 No. 259-FZ
Charter of road transport and urban land electric transportation
Accepted by the State Duma on October 18, 2007
Approved by the Federation Council on October 26, 2007
1. This Federal Law governs the relations arising when rendering services by road transport and urban land electric transportation which are part of transport system of the Russian Federation. The relations connected with rendering services by road transport and urban land electric transportation and not settled by this Federal Law are regulated by other Federal Laws and other regulatory legal acts of the Russian Federation.
2. This Federal Law determines general terms of public conveyances and baggage, loads respectively by buses, by trams, by trolleybuses, cars, cargo vehicles, including with use of automobile trailers, automobile semitrailer trucks (further also - vehicles), and also general terms of provision of services to passengers, freighters, consignors, consignees, carriers, freighters on objects of transport infrastructures.
3. Public conveyance and baggage, loads road transport in the international message are regulated by international treaties of the Russian Federation.
4. Also regulations of the legislation of the Russian Federation on consumer protection are applied to the relations connected with public conveyances and baggage, loads for the personal, family, house or other not connected with implementation of business activity needs.
For the purposes of this Federal Law the following basic concepts are used:
1) baggage - the passenger's things accepted for transportation in accordance with the established procedure;
2) the ticket - the carriage document certifying the conclusion of the transportation agreement of the passenger;
3) load - the material object accepted for transportation in accordance with the established procedure;
4) the consignor - physical person or legal entity which according to the transportation agreement of load acts on its own behalf or on behalf of the owner of load and is specified in the way bill;
5) the consignee - the physical person or legal entity authorized on receipt of load;
6) the work order - chartering contract form;
7) container - the equipment having amount at least one cubic meter suitable for reuse and adapted for loading, unloading of load, its overload from one vehicle on other vehicle without intermediate reloading of load;
8) route - vehicle travel line between the points of departure and assignments;
9) route of regular transportations - the travel line of vehicles intended for implementation of public conveyances and baggage according to schedules from starting stopping point through intermediate stopping points to terminal stopping point which are determined in accordance with the established procedure;
10) objects of transport infrastructure - the constructions, production and technological complexes intended for servicing of passengers, freighters, consignors, consignees, carriers and freighters, and also for ensuring work of vehicles;
11) stopping point - the place of stop of vehicles along route of regular transportations equipped for landing, disembarkation of passengers and expectation of vehicles;
12) the passenger - the physical person which signed the transportation agreement of the passenger, or the physical person for the purpose of whose transportation the charter agreement of the vehicle is signed;
13) carrier - the legal entity, the individual entrepreneur who assumed obligation according to the transportation agreement of the passenger, the transportation agreement of load to transport the passenger and to deliver baggage, and also to transport the load entrusted by the consignor in destination and to issue baggage, load to person authorized on their obtaining;
14) the route sheet - the document serving for accounting and control of work of the vehicle, the driver;
15) the schedule - the schedule establishing time or intervals of arrival of vehicles of stopping point or departures of vehicles from stopping point;
16) cabin baggage - the passenger's things which are transported by the passenger with themselves in the vehicle and which safety is in transit ensured by the passenger;
17) perishable load - load which safety in transit is provided with the vehicle by means of observance of certain temperature condition;
18) the specialized vehicle - the vehicle intended and equipped for transportation of certain types of loads;
19) the terminal - the production and technological complex intended for implementation of the transactions connected with carriages of goods;
20) the way bill - the carriage document confirming the conclusion of the transportation agreement of load;
21) the freighter - physical person or legal entity which shall pay the cost of use of all for the charter agreement or part of capacity of one or several vehicles provided on one or several runs for public conveyances and baggage, loads;
22) the freighter - the legal entity, the individual entrepreneur who assumed obligation according to the charter agreement to present to the freighter all or part of capacity of one or several vehicles on one or several runs for public conveyances and baggage, loads.
1. Based on this Federal Law Government of the Russian Federation approves rules of public conveyances and baggage by road transport and urban land electric transportation, and also rules of carriages of goods by road transport.
2. Rules of public conveyances and baggage road transport and urban land electric transportation (further - rules of public conveyances) represent the regulatory legal acts regulating procedure for the organization of different types of public conveyances and baggage, and also condition of public conveyances and baggage and provision of vehicles for such transportations.
3. Rules of carriages of goods by road transport (further - rules of carriages of goods) represent the regulatory legal acts regulating procedure for the organization of transportations of different types of loads, ensuring safety of loads, vehicles, containers and also conditions of carriages of goods and provision of vehicles for such transportations.
1. The state supervision in the field of road transport and urban land electric transportation is performed by authorized federal executive body (further - state supervision body) when implementing of federal state Transport Supervision Service by it.
2. Provisions of the Federal Law of December 26, 2008 N 294-FZ "About protection of the rights of legal entities and individual entrepreneurs when implementing the state control (supervision) and municipal control" taking into account features of the organization and conducting the checks established by parts 3 - the 7th this Article are applied to the relations connected with implementation of the state supervision in the field of road transport and urban land electric transportation, the organization and conducting checks of legal entities, individual entrepreneurs.
3. Subject of check is observance by the legal entity, individual entrepreneur when implementing the activities of the requirements (except for licensed requirements in the field of road transport) established by this Federal Law, other Federal Laws and other regulatory legal acts of the Russian Federation in the field of road transport and urban land electric transportation (further - mandatory requirements). When implementing the state supervision in the field of road transport and urban land electric transportation scheduled inspections concerning the types of activity which are subject to licensing are not carried out.
1) receipt in state supervision body of addresses and petitions from citizens, including individual entrepreneurs, legal entities, information from public authorities (service employees of state supervision body), local government bodies, through mass media about the facts of the road accidents which happened on carrier's fault with damnification of life, to health of citizens, harm to animals, plants, the environment;
2) availability of the order (order) of the head (deputy manager) of the state supervision body on carrying out unscheduled inspection published according to the order of the President of the Russian Federation or the Government of the Russian Federation or based on the requirement of the prosecutor about carrying out unscheduled inspection within supervision of execution of the laws on the materials and addresses which arrived in bodies of prosecutor's office;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.