of February 26, 2007 No. 532
About approval of the Regulations on Consulate of the Azerbaijan Republic
1. Approve "Provision on Consulate of the Azerbaijan Republic" it (is applied).
2. Charge to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Azerbaijan Republic to resolve the issues following from this Decree within the powers.
President of the Azerbaijan Republic
Approved by the Presidential decree of the Azerbaijan Republic of February 26, 2007 No. 532
1. The consulate of the Azerbaijan Republic (further - Consulate) is the state body of the Azerbaijan Republic performing on behalf of the Azerbaijan Republic consular functions within the respective consular district in the territory of the host state. The consulate is included into single system of bodies of diplomatic service under the direction of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Azerbaijan Republic (further - the Ministry).
2. Consulate generals, consulates, vice-consulates, the consular agencies of the Azerbaijan Republic treat consulates.
3. Consulates are established by the President of the Azerbaijan Republic on representation of the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Azerbaijan Republic.
4. Consulates perform the activities under common political directorship of the head of diplomatic representation of the Azerbaijan Republic in the host state (in the presence).
5. Consulates are guided in the activities by the Constitution of the Azerbaijan Republic, the Law of the Azerbaijan Republic "About diplomatic service" and other laws, decrees and orders of the President of the Azerbaijan Republic, resolutions and orders of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Azerbaijan Republic, the Vienna Convention on the consular intercourses and other corresponding international treaties which participant is the Azerbaijan Republic, and also rules of international law which can be applied, Regulations on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Azerbaijan Republic, the Consular Charter of the Azerbaijan Republic, this Provision, orders, orders and instructions of the Ministry and consider the legislation of the host state.
6. The location, class and the consular district are established based on the consent of the host state.
7. On the building of Consulate or its territory, in residences of the head of consulate according to the legislation of the Azerbaijan Republic National flag of the Azerbaijan Republic is hoisted. On the building of Consulate or in its territory take place board with the image of the State Emblem of the Azerbaijan Republic and the name of consulate in Azerbaijani and state language (state languages) of the host state. On the vehicle of the head of Consulate National flag of the Azerbaijan Republic is placed. The state symbols of the Azerbaijan Republic are used taking into account legal practice of the host state.
8. Consulate, employees of Consulate and jointly the members of families living with them use in the host state privileges and immunities according to international legal regulations and the legislation of the host state. Employees of Consulate and jointly the members of families living with them shall respect the legislation, customs and traditions of the host state, to abstain from intervention in internal affairs of the host state and from actions which can be interpreted as intervention in internal affairs.
9. The consulate has the seal approved by the Ministry with engraved on it by the image of the State Emblem of the Azerbaijan Republic and own name, stamps, forms and bank accounts.
10. The parcels of land, buildings, structures and other property of Consulate which is property of the Azerbaijan Republic it is attached to Consulate according to the procedure, established by the legislation of the Azerbaijan Republic.
11. The consulate performs right of possession, uses and orders of the property attached to it according to the procedure, established by the corresponding legal acts of the Azerbaijan Republic.
12. This Provision does not extend to honorary (non-staff) consuls.
13. The main objectives of Consulate are:
13.1. render assistance to development of friendship of the Azerbaijan Republic with the host state, to extension of contacts in economic, scientific and technical, cultural, trade, sports, tourist and other spheres;
13.2. within the powers to protect the rights and interests of the Azerbaijan Republic, her citizens and legal entities in the host state;
13.3. in stipulated by the legislation procedure to perform the diplomatic and consular relations of the Azerbaijan Republic in the host state;
13.4. within the powers to render assistance in preparation and implementation of trips of official delegations to the host state.
14. According to the established this Provision tasks the Consulate performs the following functions:
14.1. in accordance with the established procedure informs the President of the Azerbaijan Republic, the Cabinet of Ministers of the Azerbaijan Republic and the Ministry of economic, scientific and technical, cultural, trade, sports, tourist and other problems of the host state within the consular district;
14.2. provides distribution in the consular district of data on domestic and foreign policy of the Azerbaijan Republic, economic, social and cultural life of the country;
14.3. within the powers renders assistance to state bodies, and in case of need non-governmental organizations (public associations and funds) and representatives of business community of the Azerbaijan Republic, in establishing communications with non-governmental organizations and representatives of business community of this state;
14.4. within the powers renders assistance in establishing communications and development of cooperation with the Azerbaijanians living in the host state;
14.5. within the powers participates in preparation of drafts of international treaties of the Azerbaijan Republic with the host state;
14.6. carries out orders of the President of the Azerbaijan Republic, the Cabinet of Ministers of the Azerbaijan Republic and the Ministry, and also considers the appeals of other public authorities of the Azerbaijan Republic approved with the Ministry;
14.7. considers appeals of bodies of the local executive authority and local self-government, the companies, organizations and organizations of the Azerbaijan Republic;
14.8. in case of availability of prior consent of the host state based on international agreements performs at the request of not accredited third state protection of interests of this third state and its citizens in the host state;
14.9. within the powers gives legal assistance on civil, family and criminal cases to citizens of the Azerbaijan Republic with compliance with law of the host state;
14:10. in the procedure established by the legislation records the citizens of the Azerbaijan Republic living in the consular district;
14.10-1. registers citizens of the Azerbaijan Republic who are engaged in paid labor activity in foreign states;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.