of July 6, 2007 No. 156-XVI
About the organization of civil (alternative) service
The Parliament adopts this organic law.
This law establishes procedure for execution of civil (alternative) service (further - civil service) for the purpose of providing normative basis of execution of civic duty before society.
The civil service is the public, socially useful and voluntary service which is alternative for citizens of the Republic of Moldova who of religious, pacifistic, ethical, moral, humanitarian beliefs and for other similar reasons, cannot perform compulsory military service.
Citizens of the Republic of Moldova have the right to replacement of compulsory military service by civil service in case execution of compulsory military service contradicts their religious, pacifistic, ethical, moral, humanitarian beliefs and for other similar reasons.
(1) On civil service citizens of the Republic of Moldova aged from 18 up to 27 years which have the right to replacement of compulsory military service by civil service are called, personally submitted the application to the representative of civil service in this connection the relevant decision is made.
(2) the citizen, which Is exempted from civil service:
a) performed compulsory military service;
b) lost the father (mother), the brother (sister) who died during execution of conscription military or civil service. The recruit can not use this right;
c) is priest, the monk or the pupil (student) of theological educational institution;
d) for health reasons, it was acknowledged unsuitable to service with establishment of group of the disability confirmed with the solution of territorial consultation of medical examination of viability.
(1) the Term of civil service - 12 months. The term of civil service for citizens with the higher education - 6 months.
(2) the Civil service begins from the date of the conclusion for certain term of the individual employment contract.
(3) Day of the termination of civil service day of the termination of the individual employment contract with the citizen who performs civil service (further - the contractor of civil service), and its dismissals from civil service is considered. The employment contract with the contractor of civil service shall be terminated by the employer in day of the expiration of execution of civil service.
(4) In time civil service do not enter:
a) unmotivated absences and delay (absence from work without valid excuse more than four hours in a row within one day);
b) the term of serving of criminal or administrative penalty in the form of arrest;
c) the time spent in the additional vacations granted by the employer to citizens who combine civil service with study in educational institutions.
(5) the Term of passing of civil service joins in general working life and special years of service.
The civil service is performed in public institutions or commercial societies which perform activities in the national territory in the field of public and medical care, industrial construction, improvement, construction of roads and railway tracks, environmental protection, in agricultural associations, at the companies for conversion of agricultural products and in municipal services, and also as a part of territorial service (post) of rescuers and firefighters (further - employers).
(1) the Realization of state policy in the field of civil service is enabled by the responsible administrative authority subordinated to the Ministry of Health, work and social protection (further - responsible body).
(2) Execution of civil service in administrative and territorial units of the second level and autonomous territorial education with special status is assigned to the representatives of civil service appointed by responsible body after approval of candidates with heads of these units and educations.
(3) Regulations on the organization and functioning of responsible body, and also its structure and extreme number affirm the Government.
(4) Ceased to be valid.
Ministry of Health, work and social protection:
a) develops, advances and monitors realization of state policy and national development strategies in the field of civil service;
b) develops the republican program of the organization and execution of civil service.
a) provides realization of state policy in the field of civil service;
a) develops the republican program of the organization and execution of civil service;
b) performs in all territory of the Republic of Moldova management of representatives of civil service, directs, coordinates and controls their activities;
c) creates training centers on special professional training of contractors of civil service;
d) coordinates with National employment agency vacant positions for possible distribution of contractors of civil service;
e) signs agreements with employers on execution of civil service and special professional training of contractors;
f) considers claims of citizens concerning actions of representatives of civil service and the statement for early termination of civil service in a month;
g) takes measures for protection of the rights and interests of contractors of civil service;
h) makes decisions on transfer of contractors to other area (municipium) for continuation of civil service;
i) makes decisions on early termination of civil service.
Representative of civil service:
a) informs recruits information on existence of civil service and opportunities of transfer on this service, and also about their rights and obligations;
b) adopts reasoned statements of citizens about release from compulsory military service and about appeal on civil service, checks reliability of the specified reasons and notifies on it the relevant territorial commissions on acceptance on military accounting and to appeal on military and civil service (further - the draft commissions);
c) submits documents of the citizens called on civil service to the territorial commissions of civil service;
d) sends citizens to places of execution of civil service and to training centers for special professional training;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.