of June 14, 2007 No. 136-XVI
The parliament adopts this ordinary law.
(1) the Subject of this law are protection of wild fauna and preserving biodiversity by prediscretion of measures for the organization of receipt of permission to creation of zoos, their inspection and increase in their role by that in preserving biodiversity.
(2) the Purpose of the law is creation of the legislation for application in the Republic of Moldova of provisions of the Directive 1999/22/SE on content of wild animals in zoos.
In this law the following concepts are used:
zoo - the organization created by isolation of the territory and/or the water area on which special control mode is set, containing animals of wild types in optimal artificial conditions for the purpose of their representation to visitors for at least 7 days in year; zoos include open-air cages, terrariums, aquariums, dolphinariums; the exception is constituted by circuses, zoological shops and other organizations which do not represent to visitors considerable number of animals and types;
the nature protection agreement - the technical and legal document establishing conditions of permission and realization of activities for environmental protection.
(1) Zoos are created by legal entities or physical persons based on the nature protection agreement issued by state body authorized to exercise control of natural resources and environmental protection, in the presence of the pre-trial positive detention of Academy of Sciences of Moldova. Zoos are subject to state registration according to the legislation on entrepreneurship and the companies.
(2) Zoos can be in public or private property. Their financing is performed by owners from own and other not prohibited by the law sources.
(3) the Nature protection agreement is issued only in case of accomplishment of the conditions established in Articles 6 and 7.
(4) Control over the implementation of the conditions established in Articles 6 and 7, is performed by body of the state veterinary supervision before issue of the nature protection agreement on creation of zoo, and further - periodically once a year.
(1) If as a result of recurring inspections it is determined that the conditions provided in Articles 6 and 7, the corresponding zoo or its part are not satisfied are closed for visitors by body of the state veterinary supervision before their accomplishment.
(2) in case of failure to carry out of these conditions at the scheduled time the body of the state veterinary supervision closes zoo or its part and addresses to state body, authorized to exercise control of natural resources and environmental protection, with the offer on suspension or withdrawal of the nature protection agreement.
(3) in case of closing of zoo or its part the body of the state veterinary supervision makes sure that leaving is provided to animals or they are aloof according to the current legislation.
Liquidation of zoos is performed within the law with observance of special instructions of body of the state veterinary supervision concerning protection and alienation of animals.
For preserving and content of wild animals administrators of zoos shall satisfy the following conditions:
a) take part in the research works directed to improvement of conditions of preserving types and/or receipt of relevant knowledge of their preserving and also in exchange of information concerning preserving types and/or, as necessary, their reproduction in the conditions of bondage, settling again or resettling to the wild environment;
b) stimulate process of education and sensitization of the population in the field of preserving biodiversity, in particular by provision of information on the exposed types and their natural habitats;
c) provide shelter to animals in the conditions conforming to biological and nature protection requirements to the containing types;
d) support high standards of cultivation of animals according to the deployed treatment-and-prophylactic program of veterinary leaving and food;
e) prevent flight of animals for the purpose of prevention of possible ecological danger to local types and penetration from the outside of wreckers and epidemics;
f) store the staticized information on collections of the corresponding zoos adequate to the registered types.
Administrators of zoos shall:
a) provide the corresponding care of animals for the purpose of their reproduction;
b) observe regulations on the organization and functioning of organization and to hang out it on the place, visible to employees and visitors;
c) to accurately mark cages or any means of restriction of freedom of animals from collections with the following data: the name of the provided animal (scientific and local if exists), the place of origin, type area, temperature at which it usually develops, food conditions;
d) to accurately mark on site, visible of any point of visit or access, location of the animals who are considered dangerous including explanations for the danger which is rather constituted by them.
(1) Violation of requirements of this law involves the administrative responsibility according to the current legislation.
(2) Are recognized offenses and the following actions are punished:
a) creation of zoos without nature protection agreement;
b) destruction or damage of objects of zoos which can make negative impact on life of animals from collections;
c) kidnapping of live animals, cubs, embryos, eggs, the caviar or other biological products intended for reproduction of the animals who are in bondage;
d) unauthorized leave of animals;
e) implementation of economic or rekreativny activity of any nature which results can do or do harm to life of animals from collections;
f) animals abuse, vivisection, unauthorized slaughter or mockery at animals from collections, including deprivation of water, proper food and rest;
g) plunder for the purpose of sale abroad or transportation through frontier of live animals or reproductive material from zoos;
h) sale of live animals or reproductive material to the legal entities or physical persons or persons which do not have permission to content of zoos which intend to use these animals in activities of economic nature;
i) the organization of competitions like fights of animals in the territory or outside zoos;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 40000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.