of February 18, 1997 No. 176
About approval of Rules of provision of services of passenger road transport
The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine decides:
1. Approve Rules of provision of services of passenger road transport (are applied).
2. To provide to the ministry of infrastructure provision of explanations concerning application of the Rules approved by this resolution.
3. This resolution becomes effective from the date of publication, except Item 32 of Rules of provision of services of passenger road transport which becomes effective regarding provision of services on transportation on long-distance routes since January 1, 2010, and on other routes - since January 1, 2012.
Prime Minister of Ukraine
Approved by the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of February 18, 1997 No. 176
1. These rules determine procedure of transportations of passengers and their baggage by buses, taxi, cars by request, and also servicing of passengers at bus stations and are obligatory for accomplishment by organizers of regular transportations, customers of transport services (further - customers of services), automobile carriers, automobile self-employed carriers, personnel of road transport, bus stations and passengers.
Procedure for journey by urban passenger road transport and its payments, the right and obligation of passengers, and also the relations of automobile carriers and passengers by provision of transport services, considering features of transport infrastructure and availability of the automated system of accounting of payment of journey, are determined by the Instructions for use urban passenger road transport approved by relevant organ of local self-government.
2. Terms which are used in these Rules have the following value:
1) autostation collection - the payment for provision of obligatory services by bus stations which is levied from the faces acquiring tickets for journey by buses of suburban, long-distance and international routes and joins in the cost of the ticket;
2) baggage - load which sizes do not exceed 100 x 50 x 30 centimeters, weighing from 10 to 40 kilograms;
3) the luggage receipt - the document which is issued to the passenger in confirmation of the fact of acceptance of baggage for transportation or storage, with indication of its value, the freight charge and storage;
4) booking of the place (several places) - the preorder of the place (several places) in the bus with payment deferral for certain term only during execution of regular passenger traffic;
5) the cost of the ticket - the amount which consists of fare by bus, autostation collection, service fee on advance sale of tickets (in the presence of such);
7) the dispatcher - person to who powers concerning implementation of dispatching management are assigned;
8) the dispatching station - specially equipped room or complex of technical constructions (means) intended for dispatching traffic control of buses and/or taxi;
9) ticket office - the room in which execution of tickets and documents which confirm the right to luggage transports, and also their returns is performed is specially equipped;
11) network of taxi stands - territorially certain set of specially equipped parking on which taxi are in waiting time of the passenger;
12) the passenger - person to whom the service in transportation by the vehicle is provided and who does not take part in management of it;
13) passenger capacity - the number of places provided by technical characteristic of the vehicle and determined in registration documents for transportation of passengers in the vehicle;
14) passenger traffic - the number of persons who perform driving through certain route or the direction in certain period;
15) advance sale of tickets - sale of tickets one day before departure of the bus in flight;
16) the current sale of tickets - sale of tickets in day of departure of the bus in flight;
17) hand luggage - load which sizes do not exceed 60 x 40 x 20 centimeters, weighing up to 10 kilograms inclusive;
18) the scheme of route - the cartographic image of route;
19) transport services - the activities connected with satisfaction the needs of the population for transportations by road transport;
20) cliche - the index of information for passengers on route.
21) crew of the bus - the driver (drivers) who (which) directs (direct) bus and the steward (stewardess) who, (which) performs functions on servicing of passengers.
Other terms are used in the value given in the Law of Ukraine "About road transport".
4. Internal and "international carriages of passengers road transport are performed according to these Rules, the consumer protection law and other regulatory legal acts in the field of motor transportations.
5. Personnel of road transport and person which activities are connected with provision of services on transportation of passengers by road transport shall have the corresponding knowledge and qualification.
6. The vehicles used for transportation of passengers shall meet safety requirements, comfort, availability to persons with disability and other handicapped national groups, labor protection and ecology, to be in proper technical and sanitary condition, to be completed according to the legislation.
7. Action of these Rules does not extend to transportations which are performed:
1) vehicles of special purpose;
2) the vehicles involved during ensuring defense capability, law and order and mitigation of consequences of natural disaster and emergency situation;
3) office cars;
4) vehicles which belong to physical persons and are used by them for satisfaction of own requirements which are not aiming at profit earning.
8. Information support of transportations of passengers is performed with observance of requirements of the legislation on languages.
9. No. 181 is excluded according to the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of 07.02.2018.
10. The state control of observance of the requirements provided by these Rules is imposed to Ukrtransbezopasnost, National police and bodies of Gosprodpotrebsluzhby.
11. Organizers of regular transportations, customers of services, automobile carriers, automobile self-employed carriers, personnel of road transport, bus station and passengers bear responsibility for failure to carry out of these Rules under the law.
12. Obligatory personal passengers insurance from accidents on transport is performed according to the legislation.
13. Transportations of passengers by buses depending on the mode of their organization can be: regular, regular special and irregular.
Conditions of regular and regular special transportations are noted in the passport of route.
14. Regular transportations will organize relevant organs of the executive authority and local government bodies (organizers of regular transportations) according to development programs of road transport in the corresponding territory for the purpose of satisfaction of need of the population for transportations taking into account proposals of citizens, the companies, organizations, the organizations and automobile carriers.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.