of December 28, 2006 No. 438-XVI
About regional development in the Republic of Moldova
The parliament adopts this organic law.
This law establishes functional regions of development in the territory of the Republic of Moldova, the interregional type of cooperation, institutional base, specific tools of policy of regional development and resources necessary for creation and functioning of regions of development.
In this law the following basic concepts are used:
policy of regional development - tool kit and measures which bodies of the central and local public authority apply in the region of development with the purpose to provide increase in competitiveness and sustainable development;
the region of development - the functional and territorial unit which is subject to planning, assessment and realization of policy of regional development;
National coordination council on regional development - functional structure of general power, not being the legal entity, created for the purpose of approval, realization and coordination of tasks of policy of regional development at the national level;
National Regional Development Fund - source of financing of the programs and projects directed to realization of tasks of policy of regional development;
regional council on development - competent structure, not being the legal entity, created in each region of development for promotion and coordination of program implementation and projects of development at the regional level;
the agency of regional development - public organization which founder is the body for development of policy of regional development, created for realization of policy of regional development at the level of the region of development;
The national strategy of regional development - the main planning document of regional development which reflects national policy in the field and establishes national mechanisms of this development;
The single program document - the document of policy developed for the medium-term period for realization of National strategy of regional development;
the annual plan of actions - the document of annual planning of implementation process of National strategy of regional development;
the regional operational program - the document of policy developed for the medium-term period at the regional level.
(1) the General task of regional development consists in increase in competitiveness and sustainable development of each region, reducing distinctions and improvement of quality of life of inhabitants.
(1-1) Specific objectives of regional development are:
a) increase in competitiveness and employment in regions;
b) strengthening of territorial unity and prevention of isolation;
c) providing institutional and legal conditions for realization of collective management at national, regional and local level in cooperation with private sector and civil society.
(2) the Basic principles of support of regional development are:
efficiency - effective use of natural, human, financial and production resources in all territory of the Republic of Moldova;
justice - the equal rights to access to economic, social and cultural values of all citizens of the Republic of Moldova irrespective of the place of residence;
duration - viability from the technical, financial and institutional points of view of the financed measures, programs and projects of regional development;
planning - system process by means of which the state creates the image of the future and develops, depending on the available local resources, the corresponding steps for achievement of this future;
coordination - coordination both on national, and at the regional level of all measures and tasks on support of regional development;
partnership - cooperation between the central and local authorities of public management, state and private sectors, and also civil society during the planning, development and implementation of measures for support of regional development;
transparency - transparency of processes of allocation, distribution and use of means for implementation of regional operational programs, programs and projects of regional development.
(1) Regions of development are not administrative and territorial units or legal entities. The structure of regions of development is provided in the appendix which is integral part of this law.
(2) the Centers of regions of development are determined by National coordination council by regional development according to the offer of regional councils on development on the basis of criteria of potential of development, traditions of interregional cooperation, density of population and polycentrism.
(3) Regions of development are subjects and subjects to planning, assessment and realization of policy of regional development.
(4) Regions of development can submit for approval of National coordination council on regional development of the offer on intraregional schemes / structures, proceeding from special interests or common goals.
(1) the Central industry bodies and bodies of local public authority are responsible for carrying out policy of regional development in the Republic of Moldova.
(2) the Body for development of policy of regional development performs the following functions:
a) develops, performs monitoring and estimates realization of National strategy of regional development;
b) manages National Regional Development Fund;
c) determines national priorities of regional development together with other ministries, National coordination council of regional development and regional councils on development;
d) offers National coordination council on regional development for review the Single program document;
d-1) offers National coordination council on regional development the annual plan of implementation of the Single program document;
e) performs methodological regulation of process of development of regional operational programs;
f) ceased to be valid;
g) ceased to be valid;
h) performs monitoring and assessment of implementation process of regional operational programs;
i) offers National coordination council on regional development funding mechanism for measures and instruments of implementation of the regional operational program;
j) raises additional financial resources for realization of National strategy of regional development.
(1) the National coordination council on regional development (further - National council) is created for the purpose of approval, realization and coordination at the national level of tasks of policy of regional development.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.