of September 23, 1997 No. 538/97-BP
About National council of Ukraine concerning television and broadcasting
This Law determines the legal basis of activities of National council of Ukraine concerning television and broadcasting (further - National council) as constitutional, permanent, joint, observant and regulatory state agency in the field of TV and radio broadcasting.
1. The national council is the constitutional, permanent collegiate organ which purpose of activities is supervision of compliance with laws of Ukraine in the sphere of TV and radio broadcasting, and also implementation of the regulatory powers provided by these laws.
The national council is equated to the first level of the state bodies determined by the Law of Ukraine "About public service".
2. The national council is legal entity, has seal with the name and the image of the State Emblem of Ukraine.
1. Activities of National council are based on the principles of legality, independence, objectivity, transparency, availability to the public, accounting of cultural, ideological and political diversity in society, accounting of the universally international standards and standards in the field of TV and radio broadcasting, completeness and comprehensive consideration of questions and justification of the made decisions.
2. The national council cannot delegate the powers to the third parties. The member of National council cannot perform solely the functions assigned to National council.
1. The national council consists of eight persons. From them four members of National council are appointed by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine and four members of National council are appointed the President of Ukraine.
2. The national council is authorized in case of appointment at least six of his members.
3. Powers of the member of National council begin from the date of its appointment and five years, except as specified, provided by this Law last.
4. The same person can be repeatedly appointed the member of National council only once.
1. The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine appoints members of National council to vacancies on alternative basis.
2. All positions of members of National council which powers are stopped by the resolution of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine are considered vacant or are ahead of schedule stopped on the bases provided by this Law. The position of the member of National council is not considered vacant if its powers are stopped in the last day of the submission due date of offers on candidates provided by part four of this Article or after the expiration of such term.
3. The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine appoints the new member (members) of National council within six months from the date of the expiration of powers of the member (members) of the National council appointed (appointed) by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. The member of National council continues to fulfill duties about day of appointment of the new member (members) of National council the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, except cases of early termination of powers.
4. In 90 days prior to day of the expiration of powers of the member of the National council appointed by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine or within seven days after early termination of powers of the member of National council the committee of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine to which area of jurisdiction questions of the media industry, printing and electronic mass media, state policy in the sphere of information and information security are carried (further - Committee) publishes on the official website of the Verkhovna Rada and in the Golos Ukrainy newspaper the announcement of selection of candidates for position of the member (members) of National council on quota of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine in which conditions and terms of carrying out selection are specified.
Proposals of persons of law of nominations, the statement and documents of candidates for position of the member of National council are accepted by Committee within 21 calendar days from the date of the publication of the announcement.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.