of November 17, 1992 No. 2790-XII
About the status of the People's Deputy of Ukraine
This Law determines the status (the rights, obligations and responsibility) of the People's Deputy of Ukraine in the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine and beyond its limits, establishes legal and social guarantees of implementation by the People's Deputy of Ukraine of the deputy powers.
2. The People's Deputy performs the powers on permanent basis.
3. In case of execution of the powers the People's Deputy is guided by the Constitution of Ukraine, the laws of Ukraine and the universally recognized norms of morals.
4. The state guarantees to the People's Deputy providing with necessary conditions for implementation of deputy powers by it.
5. The rank of the People's Deputy with indication of sequence number of convocation of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine remains behind it for life, except for early termination of powers of the People's Deputy according to Items 1-4, 6 of article 4 of this Law.
1. Powers of the People's Deputy begin after acceptance of oath of allegiance by him to Ukraine before the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine from the moment of oath fastening the personal signature under its text.
The People's Deputy cannot take part in meetings of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine and its bodies, and also perform other deputy powers till that time until he fastens the oath with the personal signature under its text. The refusal to accept and sign the oath has consequence loss of the deputy mandate.
2. Powers of the People's Deputy stop from the moment of opening of the first meeting of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine of new convocation.
1. The People's Deputy has no right:
1) to be the cabinet minister of Ukraine, the head of the central executive body;
2) to have other representative mandate or to be at the same time in public service;
3) to hold position city, rural, settlement the heads;
4) to be engaged any, except deputy, in paid work, except for teaching, scientific and creative activities, and also medical practice in time, free from fulfillment of duties of the People's Deputy;
6) to be part of management, board or council of the company, organization, organization aiming at profit earning.
2. The People's Deputy shall adhere to other requirements and restrictions set by the law.
3. The People's Deputy, the appointed (electee) to the position incompatible with the deputy mandate and which power are not stopped in the procedure established by the law, is allowed to fulfillment of duties on such position not earlier than day of giving by it in the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine of the statement for abdication of the People's Deputy of Ukraine.
Powers of the People's Deputy stop ahead of schedule in case:
1) the personal written application about addition of deputy powers;
2) introductions in legal force of conviction against it;
3) recognitions by its court incapacitated or it is unknown absent;
4) the terminations of his nationality or departure on permanent residence out of limits of Ukraine;
6) violations of requirements of part one of article 3 of this Law.
1. The decision on early termination of powers of the People's Deputy according to Items 1-5 of article 4 of this Law is made in ten-day time on representation of committee which competence questions of deputy ethics, the majority from the constitutional structure of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine enter.
2. In case of failure to meet requirement about incompatibility of the deputy mandate with other types of activity of power of the People's Deputy stop ahead of schedule based on the law by a court decision.
The committee which competence questions of deputy ethics enter considers the corresponding materials and represents the conclusion to the Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine who in ten-day time takes a legal action or returns materials to committee with reasons for refusal in appeal to the court. At the request of the Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine the First deputy or the vice-chairman of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine can also appeal to court concerning early termination of powers of the People's Deputy.
The committee which competence questions of deputy ethics enter in case of return by the Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine of materials with reasons for refusal in appeal to the court considers them and in case of disagreement with them makes the offer on consideration of this question at meeting of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.