of February 15, 1995 No. 56/95-BP
About the status of mountain settlements in Ukraine
This Law establishes criteria by which settlements acquire the status of mountain, determines the basic principles of state policy by development of mountain settlements and guarantee of social protection of the citizens living in them, working or studying.
The cities, settlements of city type, settlements, rural settlements which are located in the mountain area belong to mountain settlements, have insufficiently developed scopes of work and system of social servicing, limited transport availability.
Criteria of reference of settlements to category mountain is:
arrangement of the settlement or part it on which more than a third of inhabitants of this settlement, at the height of 400 meters and above above sea level in the territory which relief is strongly dismembered by ravines, waterways, etc., and placement of 50 and more percent of agricultural holdings within this Item on slopes by the steepness of 12 degrees and more lives;
if it is the share of one inhabitant less than 0,25 of hectare of arable land or in case of its absence - less 0,60 of hectare of agricultural holdings;
strict climatic conditions: the cold and long winter (average duration - is at least 115 days, average daily air temperature in January does not exceed minus 4 degrees Celsius), cool short summer (average duration - is no more than two months, average daily temperature in July does not exceed 20 degrees Celsius), large amount of rainfall (the annual average amount of rainfall in liquid and firm state - is at least 600 millimeters), take place the torrential phenomena, floods windfalls, snow deposits, seismicity of the earth.
The settlements located at the height of 400 meters and above above sea level and corresponding to two criteria and at least than two indicators of the third criterion - "severe climatic conditions" of this Article, acquire the status of mountain.
Offers concerning provision to settlements of the status of mountain go Council of Ministers of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and regional public administrations to the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
The list of settlements to which the status mountain is provided affirms the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
In case of liquidation, renaming, consolidation, separation of settlements to which the status mountain is provided or creations new the specified list is specified in the same procedure.
For ensuring social and economic development of settlements to which the status mountain is provided the state guarantees:
1) allocation of budgetary funds for development and consolidation of material and technical resources of passenger transport, road economy, communication, power networks, systems TV and broadcastings, gasifications and developments of local gas and oil fields, educations, health cares, cultural and community and trade servicing, and also financing of actions for improvement of fertility of lands, development and use of tourist, recreational and medical opportunities of the mountain region;
2) implementation of actions for construction of facilities of production and social infrastructure;
3) establishment of surcharges to the price of agricultural products which is made in the areas carried to mountain and is implemented to the state by producers of such settlements;
4) providing in centralized procedure for deliveries to the population of vital products in amounts which are established by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine;
5) payment for the electric power citizens in the amount of which is equal to payment for the electric power in the rural zone.
It is excluded
The status of person who lives and works (studies) in the territory of the settlement to which the status of mountain is provided, it is provided to citizens who live, constantly work or study on full-time departments of educational institutions in this settlement about what to citizens the executive body of the relevant local council issues the certificate of the established sample.
If the company, organization, the organization are located outside the settlement to which the status mountain is provided, but have branches, representations, departments, other separate divisions and workplaces in the settlements having the status mountain on workers, is permanent in them working, the status of person living and working (student) in the territory of the settlement to which the status of mountain is provided extends.
The certificate is issued to also certain citizens of other settlements and living outside settlements which conditions of accommodation correspond to the criteria provided in article 1 of this Law and also the citizens who are constantly working or serving at the forestry and landscape companies, hydrometeorological stations, outposts, observatories, other objects placed outside settlements which correspond to the criteria provided in article 1 of this Law.
The decision of executive body of local council on refusal in provision (termination) (studies) the citizen of the status of person who lives and works in the territory of the settlement to which the status of mountain is provided, can be appealed in court according to the procedure, provided by the current legislation.
1. Payment terms of work of persons which work in mountainous areas are established by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
2. The size of the national pensions, grants all of the types of the government financial support provided by the current legislation or studies the citizens who received the status of person which works, lives as the territories of the settlement to which the status of mountain is provided, increases by 20 percent.
The financing of increase in the size of pensions provided by this part is performed at the expense of means of the Government budget of Ukraine.
President of Ukraine L. Kuchma
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.