of January 12, 1996 No. 10-FZ
About labor unions, their rights and guarantees of activities
Accepted by the State Duma on December 8, 1995
Subject of regulation of this Federal Law are the public relations arising in connection with realization by citizens of constitutional right on consolidation, creation, activities, reorganization and (or) liquidation of labor unions, their associations (associations), primary trade-union organizations, other trade-union organizations, associations (associations) of the organizations of labor unions (further - labor unions).
This Federal Law establishes the legal basis of creation of labor unions, their rights and guarantee of activities, governs the relations of labor unions with public authorities, local government bodies, employers, their associations (the unions, associations), other public associations, legal entities and citizens, and also determines legal status of labor unions (the trade-union organizations) and their associations, including feature of their civil provision as types of public organizations, associations or unions respectively.
1. Labor union - the voluntary public association of the citizens connected by common production, professional interests by the nature of their activities, created for the purpose of representation and protection of their social and labor rights and interests.
All labor unions have the equal rights.
2. Everyone, 14 years which reached age and performing labor (professional) activity, have the right at the choice to create labor unions for protection of the interests, to enter them, to be engaged in trade-union activities and to leave labor unions.
This right is exercised freely, without preliminary permission.
3. The citizens of the Russian Federation living out of its territory can consist in the Russian labor unions.
4. The foreign citizens and persons without citizenship living in the territory of the Russian Federation can consist in the Russian labor unions, except as specified, established by the Federal Laws or international treaties of the Russian Federation.
5. Labor unions have the right to create the associations (associations) on the industry, territorial or considering professional specifics other sign - the all-Russian associations (associations) of labor unions, interregional associations (associations) of labor unions, territorial associations (associations) of the organizations of labor unions. Labor unions, their associations (association) have the right to cooperate with labor unions of other states, to enter the international trade-union and other associations and the organizations, to sign with them contracts, agreements.
For the purposes of this Federal Law the applied terms mean:
primary trade-union organization - voluntary consolidation of the members of labor union who are working, as a rule, in one organization irrespective of patterns of ownership and subordination, or in branch, representation or other isolated structural division of the organization, or at the employer - the individual entrepreneur, acting on the basis of the Charter the all-Russian or interregional labor union or based on the charter of primary trade-union organization accepted according to the charter of the relevant labor union. In structure of primary trade-union organization the shop trade-union organizations, trade-union groups or other structural divisions according to the charter of the relevant labor union can be formed;
the all-Russian labor union - voluntary consolidation of members of labor union - the workers of one or several industries, one or several types of economic activity connected by common social and labor and professional interests, more than a half of subjects of the Russian Federation or the uniting at least a half of total number of workers of one or several industries, one or several types of economic activity operating in all territory of the Russian Federation or in the territories. In structure of the all-Russian labor union along with primary trade-union organizations the territorial organizations of labor union and other trade-union organizations can be formed according to its charter;
the all-Russian merging (association) of labor unions - the voluntary merging of the all-Russian labor unions, territorial associations (associations) of the organizations of labor unions operating in all territory of the Russian Federation or in the territories more than a half of subjects of the Russian Federation;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.