of December 17, 1998 No. 188-FZ
About magistrate judges in the Russian Federation
Accepted by the State Duma on November 11, 1998
Approved by the Federation Council on December 2, 1998
1. Magistrate judges in the Russian Federation (further - magistrate judges) are judges of the general jurisdiction of subjects of the Russian Federation and enter single judicial system of the Russian Federation. Powers, procedure for activities of magistrate judges and procedure for creation of positions of magistrate judges are established by the Constitution of the Russian Federation, the Federal constitutional Law "About Judicial System of the Russian Federation", other Federal constitutional Laws, this Federal Law and other Federal Laws, and the procedure for appointment (election) and activities of magistrate judges is established also by the laws of subjects of the Russian Federation.
2. Magistrate judges perform justice on behalf of the Russian Federation. The justice procedure magistrate judges is established by the Federal Law.
3. The become effective resolutions of magistrate judges, and also their legal orders, requirements, orders, challenges and other addresses are obligatory for one and all federal bodies of the government, public authorities of subjects of the Russian Federation, local government bodies, public associations, officials, other physical persons and legal entities and are subject to strict execution in all territory of the Russian Federation.
1. The guarantees of independence of judges, their immunity, and also material security and social protection established by the Law of the Russian Federation "About the status of judges in the Russian Federation" and other Federal Laws extend to magistrate judges and members of their families.
2. Ceased to be valid
1) criminal cases about crimes for which making maximum punishment does not exceed three years of imprisonment, cognizable to it according to part one of Article 31 of the Code of penal procedure of the Russian Federation;
2) cases on issue of the writ;
3) cases on annulment of marriage if between spouses there is no dispute on children;
4) cases on the Section between spouses of jointly acquired property in case of the price of the claim which is not exceeding fifty thousand rubles;
5) ceased to be valid according to the Federal Law of the Russian Federation of 28.11.2018 No. 451-FZ
6) cases on receivership proceeding, except for cases on inheritance of property and the cases arising from the relations on creation and use of results of intellectual activities in case of the price of the claim which is not exceeding fifty thousand rubles;
6. 1) cases on the receivership proceeding arising in the field of consumer protection in case of the price of the claim which is not exceeding hundred thousand rubles;
7) ceased to be valid
8) ceased to be valid according to the Federal Law of the Russian Federation of 28.11.2018 No. 451-FZ
9) the cases on administrative offenses referred to competence of the magistrate judge by the Russian Federation Code of Administrative Offences and the laws of subjects of the Russian Federation.
1.1. Except the cases listed in Item 1 of this Article, by the Federal Laws another matters also can be carried to cognizance of the magistrate judge.
2. The magistrate judge considers cases on newly discovered facts concerning the decisions made by him in the first instance and which became effective.
3. The magistrate judge solely considers the cases referred to its competence by this Federal Law.
1. Activities of magistrate judges are performed within the judicial area on judicial sites.
2. Total number of magistrate judges and the number of judicial sites of the subject of the Russian Federation are determined by the Federal Law by the legislative initiative of appropriate subject of the Russian Federation approved with the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation or at the initiative of the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation approved with appropriate subject of the Russian Federation.
3. Judicial sites and positions of magistrate judges are created and abolished by the laws of subjects of the Russian Federation.
4. Judicial sites are created at the rate of population on one site from 15 to 23 thousand people. In administrative-territorial educations with population less than 15 thousand people are created one judicial site.
5. The judicial site or position of the magistrate judge cannot be abolished if the cases referred to competence of this magistrate judge were not at the same time submitted to jurisdiction of other judge or court.
6. The chairman of district court for the purpose of ensuring uniformity of load of magistrate judges if load of the magistrate judge exceeds average load of the magistrate judge on the judicial area, has the right the motivated order to submit part of the criminal, civil cases, cases on administrative offenses, actions for declaration and statements for pronouncement of the writ according to requirements about collection of the obligatory payments and sanctions which arrived to the magistrate judge of one judicial site, the magistrate judge of other judicial site of the same judicial area.
Requirements which according to the Law of the Russian Federation "About the status of judges in the Russian Federation" are imposed to judges and candidates for position of judges, taking into account provisions of this Federal Law are imposed to magistrate judges and candidates for position of magistrate judges.
1. Magistrate judges are appointed (are elected) to position legislative (representative) public authority of the subject of the Russian Federation or elected to position the population of the respective judicial site according to the procedure, established by the law of the subject of the Russian Federation.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.