of January 8, 1997 No. 1-FZ
Accepted by the State Duma of the Russian Federation on December 18, 1996
Approved by Council of the Russian Federation on December 25, 1996
1. The criminal and executive legislation of the Russian Federation has the purposes correction of convicts and the prevention of making of new crimes as condemned, and other persons.
2. Tasks of the criminal and executive legislation of the Russian Federation are regulation of procedure and conditions of execution and serving of punishments, determination of cures of convicts, protection of their rights, freedoms and legitimate interests, rendering to convicts the help in social adaptation.
1. The criminal and executive legislation of the Russian Federation consists of of this Code and other Federal Laws.
2. The criminal and executive legislation of the Russian Federation establishes general provisions and the principles of execution of punishments, applications of other measures of criminal and legal nature provided by the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation; procedure and conditions of execution and serving of punishments, use of cures of convicts; procedure for activities of the organizations and bodies performing punishments; procedure for participation of public authorities and local government bodies, other organizations, public associations, and also citizens in correction of convicts; procedure for release from punishment; procedure for assistance to the exempted persons.
1. The criminal and executive legislation of the Russian Federation and practice of its application are based on the Constitution of the Russian Federation, the conventional principles and rules of international law and international treaties of the Russian Federation which are component of system of law of the Russian Federation including on strict observance of guarantees of protection against tortures, violence and another the cruel or degrading human dignity treatment of convicts.
2. If the international treaty of the Russian Federation establishes other rules of execution of punishments and the treatment of convicts, than provided by the criminal and executive legislation of the Russian Federation, then rules of the international treaty are applied.
4. Recommendations (declaration) of the international organizations for execution of punishments and the treatment of convicts are implemented in the criminal and executive legislation of the Russian Federation in the presence of necessary economic and social opportunities.
Federal executive bodies have the right to adopt the regulatory legal acts based on the Federal Law concerning execution of punishments.
1. Punishments of the condemned military personnel are performed according to this Code, other Federal Laws and other regulatory legal acts, and also rules of serving of criminal penalties by the condemned military personnel approved by the federal executive body performing functions on development and realization of state policy, normative legal regulation in the field of defense in coordination with the Prosecutor General's Office of the Russian Federation.
2. The condemned military personnel serves sentences and passes military service in accordance with the legislation of the Russian Federation. The restrictions provided by the regulatory legal acts specified in part one of this Article extend to them.
1. The criminal and executive legislation of the Russian Federation is applied in all territory of the Russian Federation.
2. Execution of punishments, and also use of cures of convicts and assistance to the exempted persons are performed according to the legislation existing during their execution.
The bases of execution of punishments and application of other measures of criminal and legal nature are the sentence or the changing its determination or the court order which took legal effect, and also the act of pardon or the act of amnesty.
The criminal and executive legislation of the Russian Federation is based on the principles of legality, humanity, democratism, equality of convicts before the law, differentiation and individualization of execution of punishments, rational application of enforcement measures, cures of convicts and stimulation of their right obedient behavior, connection of punishment with corrective impact.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.