of June 2, 2005 No. 2623-IV
About bases of social protection of homeless persons and street children
This Law determines the general principles of social protection of homeless persons and street children, provides legal regulation of the relations in society which are directed to realization by homeless persons and street children of the rights and freedoms provided by the Constitution and the legislation of Ukraine creates conditions for activities of the public and charitable organizations working in the sphere of social protection of the population.
2. During the solution of questions of rather social protection of homeless persons and street children the rules of international law and rules established by international treaties of Ukraine which consent to be bound is provided by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine are applied.
1. In this Law the terms below are used in such value:
homelessness - the social position of the person caused by absence at it any housing intended and suitable for accommodation;
homeless person - person who is in social position of homelessness. The neglected persons and persons having shelter concern homeless persons;
neglected person - the full age person living on the street in parks, cellars, entrances of houses, on attics, objects of construction in progress, in other places, unappropriated and non-residential, including the premises which are in critical condition;
street children are children who were thrown by parents, left family or children's institutions where they were brought up, and do not take certain place of residence;
orphan children are children at whom parents died or died;
the children deprived of parent care - children without parental support in connection with deprivation of their parent rights, confiscation at parents without deprivation of the parent rights, recognition of parents it is unknown absent or incapacitated, the announcement their dead, serving by parents of punishment in places of detention and their stay under guards till the end of the investigation, the search by their bodies of National police connected with evasion from payment of the alimony and lack of data on their location, long illness of parents which interferes with them to fulfill the parental responsibilities, and also the thrown children, children whose parents are unknown children whom parents and street children refused;
institutions for homeless persons and street children - social institutions which activities are sent to the aid of the homeless persons and street children, their support and reintegration;
The paragraph the ninth is excluded according to the Law of Ukraine of 05.07.2012 No. 5088-VI
person having shelter - person receiving service of provisional asylum in institutions for homeless persons and other social institutions and organizations granting such shelter;
prevention of homelessness and homelessness - system of the actions directed to elimination of legal, social and other origins of homelessness and homelessness, prevention them, including actions, on decrease in risk of loss by person of the rights to premises and prevention of loss of these rights, and also on prevention of emergence of the negative public consequences connected with absence at person of housing;
reintegration of homeless persons and street children - process of return of homeless persons and street children to life in society as his full-fledged members;
The paragraph the thirteenth is excluded according to the Law of Ukraine of 05.07.2012 No. 5088-VI
social patrol - mobile form of provision of social services by the corresponding specialists outside institutions for homeless persons and street children.
1. Social protection of homeless persons and street children is based on the principles:
respect for the personality;
recognitions of honor and advantage;
providing basic rights and human freedoms.
1. Homeless persons and street children have all rights and freedoms set by the Constitution and the laws of Ukraine.
2. Homeless persons and street children shall observe the Constitution and the laws of Ukraine, to respect traditions and customs of the people.
3. Homeless persons shall provide reliable information concerning availability at them of housing and the other information directed to the solution of their vital problems.
1. For the purpose of creation of necessary conditions for providing the rights and freedoms of homeless persons and street children their accounting is entered.
2. Account of homeless persons is kept in their place of residence or the place of stay based on the personal address or their identification.
3. Account of street children is kept according to the laws of Ukraine "About bodies and services for children and special facilities for children" and "About providing organization-legal conditions of social protection of the orphan children and children deprived of parent care".
1. Accounting of homeless persons in their place of residence or the place of stay is conducted by the corresponding institutions for homeless persons - the centers of accounting which are created by local government bodies and local executive bodies.
2. The centers of accounting can be formed by also public and charitable organizations and on a contract basis with local executive bodies and local government bodies to provide services concerning implementation of identification and accounting of homeless persons.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.