of October 22, 1993 No. 3551-XII
About the status of veterans of war, guarantees of their social protection
This Law determines legal status of veterans of war, provides creation of proper conditions for their life support, promotes forming in the society of respect for them.
The law is directed to protection of veterans of war in the way:
creations of proper conditions for maintenance of health and active longevity;
the organizations social and other types of servicing, strengthening of material and technical resources of the organizations and services created for this purpose and training of the corresponding specialists;
accomplishment of target programs of social and legal protection of veterans of war;
provisions of privileges, benefits and social guarantees in the course of labor activity according to professional training and taking into account the state of health.
The legislation of Ukraine on the status of veterans of war and their social guarantees consists of this Law and other acts of the legislation of Ukraine.
The rights and privileges for veterans of war and members of their families established earlier by the legislation of Ukraine and the legislation of the former USSR cannot be cancelled without their equivalent replacement.
Local councils, the companies, organizations and the organizations have the right at the expense of own means and charitable receipts to establish additional guarantees on social protection of veterans of war.
If international treaties or agreements in which Ukraine participates establish higher requirements for protection of veterans of war, than those which the legislation of Ukraine contains then are applied regulations of the international treaty or the international agreement.
The unified state register of veterans of war (further - the Register) - the single state information and telecommunication system intended for collection, registration, accumulating, storage, protection and depersonalization of information on veterans of war, persons who have special merits before the Homeland, injured participants of Revolution of Advantage, members of families of such persons and other persons to whom operation of this Law extends.
The register is created for providing:
1) accounting of persons determined by part one of this Article;
2) realization by persons determined by part one of this Article, the privileges and other social guarantees provided by this Law and other legal acts;
3) administrations of needs of persons determined by part one of this Article;
4) coordination of activities of executive bodies and in the cases provided by the law, local government bodies concerning social protection of persons determined by part one of this Article.
Set of data on physical persons (personal data) containing in the Register is information with limited access. Processing of such data is performed with observance of requirements of the Law of Ukraine "About personal data protection".
Data of the Register are used with observance of requirements of the laws of Ukraine "About information" and "About personal data protection" for ensuring realization by persons determined by part one of this Article, the privileges and other social guarantees provided by this Law and other legal acts.
Central and local executive bodies, other state bodies, authorities of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea, local government bodies gratuitously provide information necessary for forming and updating of the Register.
The central executive body which provides forming and realizes state policy in the sphere of social protection of veterans of war, persons who have special merits before the Homeland, injured participants of Revolution of Advantage, members of families of veterans and persons on whom operation of the Law of Ukraine "On the status of veterans of war, guarantees of their social protection" expatiates, is responsible for ensuring forming and maintaining the Register and is his manager.
The procedure for creation, maintaining, access to data of the Register and their use, procedure for receipt of information from other registers and information databases of physical persons for entering of data into the Register are determined by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
Veterans of war are persons who were taking part in protection of the Homeland or in fighting in the territory of other states.
Treat veterans of war: combatants, persons with disability owing to war, participants of war.
Combatants are persons who were taking part in accomplishment of fighting tasks on protection of the Homeland as a part of military divisions, connections, associations of all types and types of military forces of Armed Forces of field army (fleet) in guerrilla groups and underground, other forming both in military, and in peace time. *
* The list of the divisions which were part of field army and other forming is determined by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
1) the military personnel who served in the military divisions, parts, headquarters and organizations which were part of field army in the period of civil and Great Domestic wars during other combat operations on protection of the Homeland, guerrillas and underground workers civil and the Great Patriotic War of wars;
2) combatants in the territory of other countries are military personnel of the Soviet Army, Navy, Committee for State Security, face of the private, the commanding structure and the military personnel of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the former USSR (including military, technical specialists and advisers), workers of the corresponding categories who according to the decision of the Government of the former USSR served worked or were in business trip in the states where during this period fighting was conducted, and were involved in fighting or ensuring fighting activities of troops (fleet).
Military personnel of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, the Security Service of Ukraine, Service of foreign intelligence of Ukraine, police officers, persons of the private, the commanding structure and military personnel of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine, other military forming formed according to the laws of Ukraine which according to the decision of the relevant state bodies were sent for participation in the international peace support operations and safety or to business trip to the states where during this period fighting was conducted.
The list of the states specified in this Item, the periods of fighting in them and employee categories are determined by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine;
3) military personnel, and also persons of the commanding and ordinary structure of bodies of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and bodies of Committee for State Security of the former USSR in the period of the Great Patriotic War serving in the cities, participation in which defense is set off in length of service for award of pension on favorable terms, the parts of field army established for the military personnel;
4) faces of civilian structure of Armed Forces, troops and bodies of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Committee for State Security of the former USSR which held established posts in military divisions, parts, headquarters and organizations which were part of field army in the period of the Great Patriotic War and other periods of conducting combat operations or were during these periods in the cities, participation in which defense is set off in length of service for award of pension on favorable terms, the parts of field army established for the military personnel;
5) the former military personnel, faces of civilian structure, and also the former fighters of destructive battalions, platoons and groups of protection of the people and other forming who were directly involved in combat operations on liquidation of subversive and terrorist groups of fascist Germany and other illegal forming and groups in the territory of the former USSR;
6) workers of special forming of the National commissariat of means of communication, the National commissariat of communication, the National commissariat of health care, floating structure trade and trance - tailors of courts and flight and lifting structure of aircraft of the National commissariat of fish industry of the former USSR, sea and river fleet, flight and lifting structure of aircraft of Head department of the Northern Sea Route, transferred to the period of the Great Patriotic War on provision of the persons which were in ranks of Red Army and performing tasks for the benefit of army and the fleet within rear borders of the operating fronts or operational zones of the operating fleet and also members of crews of vessel of the transport fleet who were captured in ports of fascist Germany on June 22, 1941 in defiance of the Convention on provision of enemy merchant vessels at the beginning of military operations (The Hague, 1907);
7) persons which in the period of the Great Patriotic War were in structure of parts and divisions of field army and fleet as sons, pupils of regiments and ship's boys before achievement of age of majority by them;
8) persons who were involved in fighting against fascist Germany and its allies in the years of World War II in the territory of other states as a part of armies of allies of the former USSR, guerrilla groups, underground groups and other anti-fascist forming;
9) workers of the sphere of cultural servicing of fronts who in the period of the Great Patriotic War or during conducting combat operations in other states addressed soldiers of field armies, fleet, army connections and contingents;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 40000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.