Statement of Presidents of the Azerbaijan Republic, Georgia, Republic of Moldova, Ukraine and Republic of Uzbekistan
of April 24, 1999
Presidents of the Azerbaijan Republic, Georgia, Republic of Moldova, Ukraine and Republic of Uzbekistan,
Proceeding from the traditional relations of friendship and cooperation between the countries and the people and emphasizing the aspiration to their further development;
Highly appreciating forward development of multilateral interaction between the Azerbaijan Republic, Georgia, the Republic of Moldova and Ukraine within the GUAM group and welcoming the accession of the Republic of Uzbekistan reflecting mutual aspiration to cooperation;
Confirming the commitment to fundamental regulations and the principles of international law enshrined in the Charter of the UN and the relevant documents of OSCE, in particular, to respect of sovereignty, territorial integrity, independence of the states and inviolability and internationally acknowledged borders;
Confirming determination to build the interstate relations on the basis of strict respect for the above-mentioned principles;
Confirming rate on further strengthening of the civil societies based on respect of the principles of democracy, rule of law and respect for human rights:
Recognizing indivisibility of safety and expressing the determination to combine efforts in opposition to risks and threats to peace and to safety at the national, regional and global levels;
Resolutely rejecting ethnic intolerance, separatism and religious extremism;
Expressing deep concern in the continuing conflicts and confirming the commitment to their settlement with peaceful means according to above-mentioned regulations and the principles;
Emphasizing importance of the multilateral cooperation in the field of peacemaking and peaceful settlement of crises;
Being deeply concerned become frequent acts of terrorism and violence, posing serious threat not only for individuals and the states, but also for all world community, and recognizing need of joint fight against terrorism for all its manifestations;
Attaching importance to consolidation of efforts on strengthening of non-proliferation regime nuclear and other types of weapon of mass defeat, and also on prevention of deliveries of arms to zones of the conflicts;
Considering solidarity of purpose on strengthening of the state independence and achievement of stability, safety and cooperation on space of OSCE, free from lines of the Section and spheres of influence;
Noting that the cooperation within GUUAM is not directed against the third countries or groups of the countries;
Proceeding from the participation in processes of integration into the European and Euro-Atlantic structures;
Noting importance of development, safe and cost-efficient transport corridor Europe - the Caucasus - Asia for the world, stability, mutually beneficial versatile cooperation and prosperity of the states and the people and in this regard need of the fastest entry into force of "The basic multilateral agreement";
1. Strengthen the versatile cooperation and interaction within the international organizations and forums.
2. Develop the interaction within Council of Evro-Atlantichesky Partnership and the Program of NATO "Partnership for Peace".
3. Strengthen interaction in the field of peaceful settlement of the conflicts and crises on the basis of respect of sovereignty, territorial integrity, inviolability of internationally acknowledged borders and independence of the states.
4. Deepen practical cooperation with the purpose of strengthening of peacekeeping potential on the basis of the corresponding legal base.
5. Make common efforts for fight against ethnic intolerance, separatism, religious extremism and terrorism.
6. Take effective collateral actions for strengthening of non-proliferation regime nuclear and other types of weapon of mass defeat, and also for prevention of deliveries of arms to zones of the conflicts.
7. Expand mutually beneficial cooperation of the states in development of transport corridor Europe - the Caucasus - Asia following the results of the International Conference on recovery of the Historical silk way which took place in Baku on September 7-8, 1998.
8. Hold regular consultations at appropriate levels on the questions which are of mutual interest.
It is made in Washington on April 24, 1999 in the English and Russian languages in five copies, and all texts are equally authoritative.
President of the Azerbaijan Republic
President of Georgia
To Pyotr Luchinski
President of Ukraine
President of the Republic of Uzbekistan
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 40000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.