of April 5, 2001 No. 2365-III
About political parties in Ukraine
The right of citizens to freedom of consolidation in political parties for implementation and protection of the rights and freedoms and satisfaction of political, economic, social, cultural and other interests is determined and guaranteed by the Constitution of Ukraine. Establishment of restrictions of this right is allowed in compliance with the Constitution of Ukraine for the benefit of homeland security and public order, public health care or protection of the rights and freedoms of other people, and also in other cases provided by the Constitution of Ukraine.
Nobody can be forced to the accession to political party or is limited in the right of voluntary exit from political party.
Restrictions concerning membership in political parties are set only by the Constitution and the laws of Ukraine.
The political party is the voluntary consolidation of citizens registered according to the law - supporters of certain national program of social development, the aiming assistance to forming and expression of political will of citizens which is taking part in elections and other political actions.
Political parties perform the activities according to the Constitution of Ukraine, this Law, and also other laws of Ukraine and according to the party charter accepted in the procedure determined by this Law.
Political parties in Ukraine are created and are effective only with the All-Ukrainian status.
Political parties are equal before the law.
Public authorities, local government bodies, their officials are forbidden to allocate certain political parties in the relation or to provide them privileges, and also to render assistance to political parties if other is not provided by the law, in implementation of their activities.
Intervention from public authorities and local government bodies or their officials in creation and internal activities of political parties and their structural educations is forbidden, except as specified, provided by this Law.
Education and activities of political parties is forbidden if their program purposes or actions are directed on:
1) liquidation of independence of Ukraine;
2) change of the constitutional system in the violent way;
3) violation of sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine;
4) undermining safety of the state;
5) illegal capture of the government;
6) propaganda for war, violence, incitement of interethnic, racial or religious strife;
7) infringement of human rights and freedoms;
8) infringement of health of the population;
9) promotion communistic and/or national socialist (Nazi) totalitarian modes and their symbolics.
9-1) promotion of the Russian Nazi totalitarian regime, the armed aggression of the Russian Federation as the states terrorists against Ukraine, symbolics of the Russian military invasion of Nazi totalitarian regime in Ukraine;
10) justification, recognition lawful, denial of the armed aggression against Ukraine, including by representation of the armed aggression of the Russian Federation and/or the Republic of Belarus against Ukraine as internal conflict, civil conflict, civil war, denial of temporary occupation of part of the territory of Ukraine;
11) the glorifikation, justification of actions and/or failure to act of persons which performed or perform the armed aggression against Ukraine, the representatives of paramilitary groups of the Russian Federation, illegal armed groups, gangs, mercenaries created and/or subordinated, and/or managed, and/or financed by the Russian Federation and also representatives of occupational administration of the Russian Federation which is constituted by its state bodies and other structures functionally responsible for management of temporarily occupied territories of Ukraine, and representatives of the self-proclaimed bodies under control to the Russian Federation who usurped accomplishment of imperious functions in temporarily occupied territories of Ukraine, including by their determination as "insurgents", "rebels", "polite people", etc.
Political parties cannot have paramilitary forces.
Activities of political party can be forbidden only by a court decision.
Note: the terms "glorifikation", "paramilitary group", "the militarized group", "gang", "the self-proclaimed body which usurped accomplishment of imperious functions in temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine" and "mercenary" are used in this law in such value:
glorifikation - praise, extolment, slavleniye, glorification of actions and/or failure to act of persons determined in Item 11 parts one of this Article;
paramilitary group - the militarized group which illegally is armed with fire, explosive or other weapon, suitable for use;
the militarized group - forming which has organizational structure of military type, namely one-man management, subordination and discipline in which military or front or physical training is carried out;
gang - the armed organized group or the criminal organization which is previously created for the purpose of making of attack (attacks) on the companies, organizations, organizations or on individuals which needs (need) thorough long training;
the self-proclaimed body which usurped accomplishment of imperious functions in temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine, - terrorist quasi-public educations, established by the field commander and/or the pro-Russian political leader of separatists in the territory of Ukraine which is temporarily occupied by the Russian Federation;
the mercenary - person, which:
it is specially enlisted in Ukraine or beyond its limits for participation in the territory of Ukraine or the territory of other states in the armed conflict, military or violent acts directed to violent change or overthrow of the constitutional system, capture of the government, preventing of activities of public authorities or violation of territorial integrity of Ukraine;
actually is directly involved in military or violent acts for the purpose of receipt of any personal benefit;
the party which is in the conflict is not the citizen (subject) person who is permanent on legal causes lives in the territory controlled by the party which is in the conflict;
is not staff of Armed forces of the state in the territory of which such actions are performed;
it is not directed by the state which is not the party which is in the conflict for accomplishment of official obligations as person which is part of its armed forces.
The citizen of Ukraine who according to the Constitution of Ukraine has the right to vote on elections can only be the member of political party.
The citizen of Ukraine can be at the same time only in one political party.
4) security service specialists of Ukraine;
5) military personnel;
7) personnel of the Public criminal and executive service of Ukraine;
8) employees of National anti-corruption bureau of Ukraine;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.