of May 31, 1996 No. 61-FZ
Accepted by the State Duma on April 24, 1996
Approved by the Federation Council on May 15, 1996
This Federal Law determines bases and the organization of defense of the Russian Federation, power of public authorities of the Russian Federation, function of public authorities of subjects of the Russian Federation, local government bodies, the organizations and their officials, the rights and obligations of citizens of the Russian Federation in the field of defense, forces and funds raised for defense, responsibility for violation of the legislation of the Russian Federation in the field of defense and also other regulations concerning defense.
1. In this Federal Law defense is understood as system of political, economic, military, social, legal and other measures on preparation for the armed protection and the armed protection of the Russian Federation, integrity and immunity of its territory.
2. Defense will be organized and performed according to the Constitution of the Russian Federation, the Federal constitutional Laws, the Federal Laws, this Federal Law, the laws of the Russian Federation and other regulatory legal acts.
3. For the purpose of defense the conscription of citizens of the Russian Federation and military transport obligation of federal executive bodies, executive bodies of subjects of the Russian Federation, local government bodies and organizations irrespective of patterns of ownership, and also owners of vehicles are established.
4. For the purpose of defense the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation are created.
6. For accomplishment of separate tasks in the field of defense rescue military forming of the federal executive body authorized on the solution of tasks in the field of civil defense (further - military forming), Russian Foreign Intelligence Service, bodies of the Federal Security Service, bodies of the state protection, bodies of military prosecutor's office, military investigating authorities of the Investigative Committee of the Russian Federation, federal body of ensuring mobilization preparation of public authorities of the Russian Federation (further - bodies), and also the special forming created on wartime are attracted.
7. The Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, other troops, military forming and bodies carry out tasks in the field of defense according to the Plan of application of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation.
8. Other troops, military forming and bodies are involved in operational and mobilization preparation, joint with the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, for the purpose of preparation for accomplishment of tasks in the field of defense.
9. Creation and existence of the forming having military organization or arms and military equipment or in which passing of military service, not provided by the Federal Laws is provided are prohibited and pursued under the law.
10. Lands and other natural resources provided for needs of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, other troops, military forming and bodies are in federal property.
11. Lands and other natural resources which are in property of subjects of the Russian Federation, municipalities, in particular property can be withdrawn for needs of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, other troops, military forming and bodies only in accordance with the legislation of the Russian Federation.
12. The property of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, other troops, military forming and bodies is federal property and is at them as economic maintaining or operational management. The property of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation concerning which according to the Federal Law of July 21, 2005 No. 115-FZ "About concessionary agreements" is allowed the conclusion of the concessionary agreement can be transferred to the concessionary according to the specified Federal Law.
The organization of defense includes:
1) forecasting and assessment of military danger and military threat;
2) development of the main directions of military policy and provisions of the military doctrine of the Russian Federation;
3) legal regulation in the field of defense;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 40000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.