of January 10, 1996 No. 5-FZ
About foreign intelligence
Accepted by the State Duma of the Russian Federation on December 8, 1995
This Federal Law determines the status, bases of the organization and functioning of foreign intelligence of the Russian Federation, procedure for control and supervision of its activities.
Foreign intelligence of the Russian Federation as set of the bodies which are specially created by the state - bodies of foreign intelligence of the Russian Federation - is component of forces of safety of the Russian Federation and is designed to protect safety of the personality, society and state from external threats with use of the methods and means determined by this Federal Law.
Intelligence activities are performed by bodies of foreign intelligence of the Russian Federation by means of:
1) gettings and information processing about the real and potential opportunities infringing on the vital interests of the Russian Federation, actions, plans and intentions of foreign states, the organizations and persons (further - prospecting information);
2) rendering assistance in implementation of measures, performed by the state for the benefit of safety of the Russian Federation.
Need of implementation of intelligence activities is determined within the powers the President of the Russian Federation and Federal Assembly, proceeding from impossibility or inexpediency of safety of the Russian Federation in other ways.
The legal basis of intelligence activities is constituted by the Constitution of the Russian Federation, this Federal Law, other Federal Laws and other regulatory legal acts of federal bodies of the government concerning foreign intelligence of the Russian Federation.
Bodies of foreign intelligence of the Russian Federation within the powers and in accordance with the legislation of the Russian Federation publish the regulatory legal acts regulating their activities.
Intelligence activities are performed on the basis of the principles:
1) separations of powers of the federal executive bodies which are part of forces of safety of the Russian Federation;
3) respect of rights and freedoms of man and citizen;
4) submission to control to the President of the Russian Federation and Federal Assembly;
5) combinations of public and secret methods and means.
The purposes of intelligence activities are:
1) providing the President of the Russian Federation, Federal Assembly and Government of the Russian Federation with the prospecting information necessary for them for decision making in political, economic, defense, scientific and technical and ecological areas;
2) providing the conditions promoting successful realization of policy of the Russian Federation in the field of safety;
3) assistance to economic development, scientific and technical progress of the country and to military technical supply of safety of the Russian Federation.
Intelligence activities cannot be performed for achievement of the inhuman purposes, and also for goal achievement, not provided by this Federal Law.
For goal achievement of intelligence activities the following powers are conferred to bodies of foreign intelligence of the Russian Federation:
1) establishment on confidential basis of the relations of cooperation with persons which were voluntarily this on this consent;
2) implementation of measures for encoding of personnel structure and on the organization of its activities with use for this purpose other departmental accessory;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.